Monroe County/Green County Predictions

Who will be crowned district champ?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be crowned district champ?

• 5th ranked Monroe County (7-1)
    • 9th ranked Green County (6-2)

It's no secret these teams don't get along and to be honest there’s no team I dislike more than Green County and I'm sure many of their fans feel the same way. I look for this game to be a dog fight and a very hard hitting affair, I feel like controlling the tempo of the game will be critical to the outcome, Green is not as one dimensional as last year IMO but I don't think John Stone (QB for Green) is near the threat to run as their QB was last year, so in a lot of ways their similar to last year’s team...

I feel like Monroe is the better team and will get the win, however there is very little room for error against this team and Monroe will have to play solid for four quarters to get the win, I really liked the second half against Glasgow, Monroe showed some stuff that can really help get a sometimes stagnant offense going, if they run several sets out of that offense I can see Green having a hard time stopping it and it should open some other stuff up.

Monroe Co. 42

Green Co. 33

A few facts about the Game,

Green Co. seniors will be playing for their 2nd district championship

Monroe Seniors will be playing for their 3rd, neither Green nor Monroe has graduated a class that has achieved that before.

Monroe County's seniors are 2-2 vs Green.

Green has scored 289 and given up 156, Monroe has scored 262 and given up 131...

Monroe Co. 7-1 and ranked 5th in 2A will host Green Co. 6-2 and ranked 9th in 2A will square off on Friday night at Darrell Carter Stadium in Tompkinsville for the district championship and home field advantage thought the regional playoffs. Who do you think will win and why?

I meant throughout...

Monroe will win, pulling away in the second half, Green will dive on the back of some Monroe County legs to see if they can get some retaliatory ejections, Griff will blame the loss on the weather, the refs, his injured running back, George Bush, and Ty Willingham. He then will step down after this year's graduation and then "unretire" when Green is fully stocked again.

Monroe will win, pulling away in the second half, Green will dive on the back of some Monroe County legs to see if they can get some retaliatory ejections, Griff will blame the loss on the weather, the refs, his injured running back, George Bush, and Ty Willingham. He then will step down after this year's graduation and then "unretire" when Green is fully stocked again.

:thumb::lol:Awesome post!

Think this will be a very good game but I see Monroe coming out on top. Have respect for Green Co. team and the majority of their fans. The problem with Green is their coach has no class. Not accepting runner-up trophy after loss in region championship game one example and cussing Metcalfe fans after game two years ago another. Green has a few bad fans but so does Monroe if not for Green Co. coach have no problem with Green because every time I have seen team play they always play hard.

Think this will be a very good game but I see Monroe coming out on top. Have respect for Green Co. team and the majority of their fans. The problem with Green is their coach has no class. Not accepting runner-up trophy after loss in region championship game one example and cussing Metcalfe fans after game two years ago another. Green has a few bad fans but so does Monroe if not for Green Co. coach have no problem with Green because every time I have seen team play they always play hard.

That’s pretty much where I stand, it's their coach I have the biggest problem with. The vandalism to our signs last year was uncalled for as well...

:D IT'S TIME!!!!!

I know Green thinks they have a little payback coming to Monroe after they got cheated by the refs and the rain stopped them from cutting and Oprah was in Africa and on and on and on...Sorry, was stuck in their excuses from last years beat down twice!!!!!

Anywho...this year the Dragons are coming to Monroe for the District title game. IMO they are in for a dog fight as well as a loss. Green has a really good program but I just can not stomach a belly aching coach!!! I know they are once again without their star running back but if they would have set him down after they were up by 40 in most games he would probably be playing this week as well. Same problem different year for Green.

This could well be the game to come see in SKY this week. Monroe had to unfortunately show a few cards they did not want to friday against Glasgow but I so not feel it will matter much. Green already has so much to prepare for that one more set and 13 plays from it won't matter!!! i feel you could almost tell them where it is going and dare them to try and stop us!!!! But knowing Griff he also has a different look this week. I did not get a chance to see if the film was cut this year or if he actually played nice and traded a full game film with Coach Petett. This is the game that all of Monroe from past and present turns out for, so if you plan on coming to Tompkinsville for a great night of football and some great bar-b-que you had better arrive early. Our stands hold 3,000 I believe, and it will be standing room only!!!

Monroe 35

Green 21

Monroe will win if the O line and D line execute their assignments , other words good ole fashion blocking and hard hitting tackles . Monroe has plenty of offensive threats to keep Green guessing but this game's outcome will be up to the lineman on offense and defense . I will say Monroe 26 Green 20 unless our lineman fail to execute then the victory could go either way.