Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 32 Newport 6 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

It looks like Beechwood's coaching staff is putting together another good freshman team in spite of little experience in their players. This game was really no contest from the start.

 

I heard Newport's numbers were down but it looks like they picked up some players. They had about 20 on the sideline but it appeared that some of the players were learning on the job tonight. Newport does have some talent there and if the kids keep working, they will be a lot better in a few weeks than they were tonight. Highlight of the night for Newport was the last play of the game. They had one or two first downs in the game. Then on the last play the QB scrambled, completed a pass about 30 yards downfield. Then as the receiver was being tackled he lateraled the ball to another player who took it in for the score. About a 70 yard play. It was nice to see and gave the boys something fun to take away from the night.

 

On the Beechwood side, the defense was dominant all night. The offense was spotty. They looked out of sync on a play and then on the next play there was a gaping hole. A nice first win for this very inexperienced Beechwood freshman team.

I wasnt at the game but I know that about 8 of the 20 or so players Newport had are 8th graders. Id say the 8th graders made up a good portion of their o line and maybe d line. The actual freshman class doesnt have much beef, most of them all look like skill players.

I don't know if "inexperienced" is the right word to use when describing the Tigers freshman team. They have four kids that played in 5 or 6 straight NKYFL superbowls during their 8 or 9 years of playing youth football....I would agree that the overall talent level is down but they still have several big playmakers. The 7th and 8th grade players that are contributing will only get better as the season goes on.

  • Author
I don't know if "inexperienced" is the right word to use when describing the Tigers freshman team. They have four kids that played in 5 or 6 straight NKYFL superbowls during their 8 or 9 years of playing youth football....I would agree that the overall talent level is down but they still have several big playmakers. The 7th and 8th grade players that are contributing will only get better as the season goes on.

 

They do have an excellent core of 4 very good, experienced kids that will carry the team. There are about 2 or 3 others that have played some youth football. The other 15 plus players have played less than one year of football. Most of the starting line is first year players. That is inexperienced when compared with past Beechwood teams.

Newport's QB that was suppose to start was not at the game because of a medical condition from what I was told. The QB that started was not prepared but did a descent job overall. The line for Newport had a few 8th graders on it - Newport will improve as the season goes. Beechwood always manages to put together a good group each year with the freshmen squad.

  • Author
Newport's QB that was suppose to start was not at the game because of a medical condition from what I was told. The QB that started was not prepared but did a descent job overall. The line for Newport had a few 8th graders on it - Newport will improve as the season goes. Beechwood always manages to put together a good group each year with the freshmen squad.

 

I did not know that about the Newport QB. Hopefully he is better and can get back on the field soon. I definitely agree with you that Newport will get better each week. There is some talent there. They just need to work hard and put it together.

I wasnt at the game but I know that about 8 of the 20 or so players Newport had are 8th graders. Id say the 8th graders made up a good portion of their o line and maybe d line. The actual freshman class doesnt have much beef, most of them all look like skill players.

 

I was told that Newport was missing their starting QB too.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.