Butler job now listed as open...

• 3 weeks later...

It is unfortunate for Oldham especially since it will mean the third coach in three years- that is very tough for the players. Coach Just did an good job for them but an opportunity to coach in the 6th region for Butler is a very desirable coaching position. Hard for Oldham to understand I am sure.

Oldham will be a nice job to land. Whoever gets it will have a chance to win the region THIS SEASON IMO. And with the size and history of the school, Im sure they will be able to land a quality coach.

????? Have you seen South Oldham this summer?

The Oldham County job has lost much of its prominence - the old apple seems to not be as appealing as it used to be. With such high turnover surrounding this formerly top-notch job, it should speak volumes to people who are capable of reading between the lines. Coach Just is a "good get" for Butler, just as he was for Oldham County last year, and it will not be surprising to many if he stays at Butler for quite a while and does quite well. With the economic issues facing many school systems around the state being what they are, don't be surprised if limited teaching positions might play a large role in who becomes the next coach. Plus, remember that the Oldham County system, like many, many other systems, places supreme importance on test scores - not girls's basketball scores.

????? Have you seen South Oldham this summer?

Yes. They are playing very well. But the last time I checked nobody goes to Diddle with summer wins. South has had all their kids this summer. Hardly anybody in the 8th has been at full strength.

I certainly think South is the favorite but they aren't a lock. Not by a large margin. I think the 8th is fairly open, especially after South. So yes, I would say Oldham has a chance to win the region this year.... Along with about 5 or 6 other schools too.

Yes. They are playing very well. But the last time I checked nobody goes to Diddle with summer wins. South has had all their kids this summer. Hardly anybody in the 8th has been at full strength.

I certainly think South is the favorite but they aren't a lock. Not by a large margin. I think the 8th is fairly open, especially after South. So yes, I would say Oldham has a chance to win the region this year.... Along with about 5 or 6 other schools too.

Just an FYI- South has not had all their players all summer either- they may have had full crew at Georgetown camp but did not have everyone over at Shelby Co. I do agree that summer ball doesn't really mean anything so no one needs to become over confident at this point. I would still say that Simon is the favorite until someone beats them and South definitely has an opportunity this year. Not sure that there are 5 or 6 teams that can really make a run at it and with Oldham losing Caoch Just, I would say they are at a big disadvantage.

The Oldham County job has lost much of its prominence - the old apple seems to not be as appealing as it used to be. With such high turnover surrounding this formerly top-notch job, it should speak volumes to people who are capable of reading between the lines. Coach Just is a "good get" for Butler, just as he was for Oldham County last year, and it will not be surprising to many if he stays at Butler for quite a while and does quite well. With the economic issues facing many school systems around the state being what they are, don't be surprised if limited teaching positions might play a large role in who becomes the next coach. Plus, remember that the Oldham County system, like many, many other systems, places supreme importance on test scores - not girls's basketball scores.

You hit this dead on! Head coaches in Oldham Co have to teach in the class room and they have to carry a full load of classes- they are not given any breaks or extra planning periods and there is tons of admin to do along with coaching. Oldham is BIG on test scores and keeps adding more admin work all the time. Not easy to do both. Why so many leave for Jefferson Co - more money and a better class schedule!