Covington Catholic @ Holy Cross (4/28)

Mother nature and her #1 hurler will be on the hump and he is undeafted! The young man first name I am not sure of but his last name is RAIN and he doesn't lose.

That's true, HC has already had 10 rainouts. Let's hope it holds off!

Who am I kidding? Weather looks awful right about now. By gametime it should start storming. 3 games in Ashland this weekend and I'm sure Krumps wants to throw Ice against Franklin Co. on Friday. Wonder how the rotation will go the rest of the week.

Who am I kidding? Weather looks awful right about now. By gametime it should start storming. 3 games in Ashland this weekend and I'm sure Krumps wants to throw Ice against Franklin Co. on Friday. Wonder how the rotation will go the rest of the week.

Why would you save your best pitcher for games that have nothing to with district seeding.No you throw your number 1 pitcher against HC.

Why would you save your best pitcher for games that have nothing to with district seeding.No you throw your number 1 pitcher against HC.

Holy Cross' ace pitcher started against Dixie due to forecast of rain this week. I'm a huge Cov Cath. fan; but I firmly believe Roenker will shut us down. As far as district play goes; both Beechwood and Holy Cross have split two games against each other without pitching their respective aces. I believe both teams come district play will go with number 2 or 3 starter and save their aces for our Cov Cath. kids. IMO

Holy Cross' ace pitcher started against Dixie due to forecast of rain this week. I'm a huge Cov Cath. fan; but I firmly believe Roenker will shut us down. As far as district play goes; both Beechwood and Holy Cross have split two games against each other without pitching their respective aces. I believe both teams come district play will go with number 2 or 3 starter and save their aces for our Cov Cath. kids. IMO

I have to disagree, I think Roenker is a good pitcher and I'd love for CovCath and Holy Cross to go ace vs ace, and in that battle, I think CovCath comes out on top. Their bats are just too big. Are they beatable, yeah of course. Not to mention, even if CovCath pitched Nute or Krumme, they have proven themselves vs. good teams, esp. in the LIT this past weekend, so I'd take them in that scenario as well.

But, it doesn't look like it matters, it's doubtful this game gets played today.