Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Setty to Oklahoma St.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Does anyone have a link of some sort of proof that this is true? Just don't see how a kid at Maysville Community College who hasn't played ball for what, 2 years? can walk onto a major Division 1 school. Not a question of being happy for the young man but confusion on the part of Travis Ford and OSU.:confused:

 

How about this one for ya?

 

http://www.maysville-online.com/articles/2009/04/13/blogs/sports_with_matt_montavon/doc49e3fc653af0c313764699.txt

 

Let's try to congratulate him and wish him luck instead of questioning his ability and tearing him down.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Trevor, I hope nothing but the best for him, I love to see 10th region players fare well in D-1 programs.:thumb:

Why is everyone so quick to put this guy down? Trevor is getting the chance to play major D-1 basketball. If some of you were offered a chance to do something that you dreamed about ever since you were a kid, you wouldn't appreciate it if other people bashed you either.

 

Trevor is 6-8 and a STUD shooter. He just needs to live in the weight room and put on some weight and get stronger, which I am sure he will do while there. He will be fine, and I wouldn't be surprised if he became a contributor on that team before everything is said and done.

Please explain. For a walk-on, he's good enough.

 

Sure, a walk on who will play in a total of 15 games in his entire career. He is skinny as a rail, or at least the last time I saw him. He might have dominated at Mason County, but what did he do at G'Town? He red shirted. Now I don't know if he had injuries, problems off the court, or what, but if he is red shirted at G'Town then I doubt the kid will do much good at any big time D-1 program, especially OK State now that Ford has arrived and has an already good looking class coming in.

Why is everyone so quick to put this guy down? Trevor is getting the chance to play major D-1 basketball. If some of you were offered a chance to do something that you dreamed about ever since you were a kid, you wouldn't appreciate it if other people bashed you either.

 

Trevor is 6-8 and a STUD shooter. He just needs to live in the weight room and put on some weight and get stronger, which I am sure he will do while there. He will be fine, and I wouldn't be surprised if he became a contributor on that team before everything is said and done.

 

Hmmmm...now that is something.

 

I just don't see how some see this. I am not bashing the kid at all, he is a great shooter and can score well, but come on guys. This is the Big 12, this is Oklahoma State, have you saw the guys on that team?? Or in the conference??I will say you are right about one thing, living in the weight room. He better put a nice comfy bed in the back and a fridge because he will literally have to live there for the next 7 months if he wants to contribute for OK State.

 

I think he would do well at an EKU, Murray State, or somewhere like that. He isn't going to do much at OK State, but that's just me. If he proves me wrong so be it, but I doubt that will happen. I sure hope he does, he is a KY boy getting to play for a major program outside of the state. I just don't see it guys..

Hmmmm...now that is something.

 

I just don't see how some see this. I am not bashing the kid at all, he is a great shooter and can score well, but come on guys. This is the Big 12, this is Oklahoma State, have you saw the guys on that team?? Or in the conference??I will say you are right about one thing, living in the weight room. He better put a nice comfy bed in the back and a fridge because he will literally have to live there for the next 7 months if he wants to contribute for OK State.

 

I think he would do well at an EKU, Murray State, or somewhere like that. He isn't going to do much at OK State, but that's just me. If he proves me wrong so be it, but I doubt that will happen. I sure hope he does, he is a KY boy getting to play for a major program outside of the state. I just don't see it guys..

I haven't "saw" the guys on their team, but I have seen them.

 

If he puts on the weight and gets stronger, like I think he will, he definitely will have a chance to contribute to OK State. I'm not saying that he will be an All-American, but he could be a role player or spot starter. The kid can flat out shoot the ball. Last time Mason Co. had a dead-on shooter come out, everyone doubted him too and you saw what happened. No, I am not saying he will be Chris Lofton, but give the kid a chance to prove himself. Travis Ford obviously sees something in him, and he knows MUCH more than you do...

I haven't "saw" the guys on their team, but I have seen them.

 

If he puts on the weight and gets stronger, like I think he will, he definitely will have a chance to contribute to OK State. I'm not saying that he will be an All-American, but he could be a role player or spot starter. The kid can flat out shoot the ball. Last time Mason Co. had a dead-on shooter come out, everyone doubted him too and you saw what happened. No, I am not saying he will be Chris Lofton, but give the kid a chance to prove himself. Travis Ford obviously sees something in him, and he knows MUCH more than you do...

 

I just don't see this, sorry. If he is a spot starter, then wow. I will be amazed. He will have to put on about 100 pounds of muscle, and be able to do more than just shoot the ball. Also Lofton coming out of high school was a far, far, I mean far, better player than Setty ever will be. Sure, maybe Ford does see something in him, who knows, but I sure don't. And I know that, that's why I'm not a D-1 basketball coach. But if I were, especially at OK State, I wouldn't even bother getting a kid like Setty. But that's just me..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.