Eastern 75 Corbin 61

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are athletic, but Corbin's 6th man injured his ankle this morning and could not play (He was on crutches) and then when Josh Smith got hurt it was all downhill for the Redhounds. A healthy Corbin team could have won this game in my opinion. For Eastern to go all the way they must shoot better at the free throw line. If they shot 50% tonight they were lucky. Championship teams must be able to shoot free throws better than what Eastern did tonight.

When I saw Hendrickson(he is a warrior on the boards) on crutches, I was afraid that Corbin might get be in trouble on the boards and also subject to Eastern being able to wear them down with the Hounds down to a seven player rotation. I thought that Corbin showed visible signs of being tired as early as the second quarter and Eastern appeared fresh the entire game.

I thought that Eastern was more aggressive and more physical than Corbin last night. They were relentless on the boards and that is where the obviously won the game at. Eastern has a very good team, but they need to hit their FT's better(17-31)if they want to win the title.

Corbin had a great season, I'm sure they are disappointed in how they played last night and what might have been, giving up 27 second chance points, missing 5-6 layups and only shooting 18% from behind the three point line, but they need to remember the season as a whole and realize that it was a huge success.

Wow ... 27 second chance points! I remember thinking to myself that Corbin could not grab a rebound last night. I knew that's what cost them the game but I did not realize how many points Eastern had on second chances.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I thought the Hounds played hard, with that said Eastern is a fine team and may very well win the whole tournament. Corbin did not have their best game of the season, some that was due to injury, Eastern being very athletic and player injuries. In order for Corbin to win they needed a huge effort from everyone they had and unfortunately, did not happen. Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the way. Josh Crawford showed he is one of the best in the state, he will do well in life and basketball. I am like Hank, I would love to see him land and Cumberlands or Union where I could watch play in college in the upcoming years. Hats off to Coach P and staff for a tremendous season and being able to live up to some big expectations. To the returning players, get to work for next season and find a way to get back to Rupp. Hounds return a solid nucleus in Wilson, Manns, Johnson and Smith, they will still be a threat to win the 13th if some of the younger players develope.

I didn't think Crawford was going to make it back to where he was before the injury, but he was tremendous tonight. He was the best player I saw all day.

I agree HDE, I knew he had it in him, he just turns in on when needed. Josh is a special young man who will be s steal for some college. He does alot of things that go along ways toward making a good team. He will be sorely missed in the red and white for years to come.

I noticed him on crutches and this did really hurt Corbin.

Crawford was awsome to watch. He was doing it all and really handles the ball well. This Corbin team was a very fun team to watch. Wish you could have pulled it out last night guys.

Had the pleasure to meet Bubba last night. Thanks so much for the Corbin shirt. I wore it with pride and supported your hounds.:thumb:[/quote

Nice to meet you as well. I will return the favor next year in support of GRC. Enjoy the rest of the tournament.

My hat goes off to Corbin. I felt really bad for Crawford and Coach P after the press conference. He loves his players and would do anything for them. Crawford went down swinging and put on one of, if not his best, performance of his career.

The Redhounds just couldn't get anything going from beyond the perimiter that would have opened things up even more for Crawford.

I was really impressed with Travis Smith's and Aaron Manns' efforts as well. Manns played hard out there.

Rebounding was the factor in the game and I'm surprised no one mentioned the four-point play by Dowe. Corbin was down by one at the time in the third quarter and both coaches admitted that turned the game around.

Like I said, congrats goes out to the Hounds for an outstanding season. They have nothing to hang their heads about. I enjoyed watching them the entire year.

Coach P and his coaching staff are class acts and will have their team in the running again next season.

Congrats to Corbin on a fine season. Rebounding killed the Hounds, having to go to the zone really hurt them in the long run. Many times when you are used to play man all season, then you are forced to zone, you see team have a tough time rebounding. Rather than have a man you turn and block out, you are having to track down somebody to block out, and the Hounds did not do a grea job, mainly because they just are not used to donig that.

Any other team playing yesterday besides Eastern and the Hounds win but they had the misfortune of playing the team that I think is now the favorite to win the tourny.

Corbin had its share of injurise yesterday. It's unbelievable to go an entire season injury free and then have 2 of your top 6 get hurt at the Sweet 16.

Congratulations to Eastern...They are a heck of a team. I just hate that they didn't get the Redhounds "A" game last night. The result may not have been any different, but its so difficult to make it as far as these young men did only to face a great team and be "injury-bitten" on the same day.

Great Season for the Hounds. One game does not make or break the season. Congratulations to the excellent group of Seniors and good luck in the future.

The Hounds will be good next year too and will be one of the teams to beat for the 13th Region crown along with South and Clay Co.

Great Season for the Hounds. One game does not make or break the season. Congratulations to the excellent group of Seniors and good luck in the future.

The Hounds will be good next year too and will be one of the teams to beat for the 13th Region crown along with South and Clay Co.

Kudos!