34th District: St. Henry (46) Ludlow (45)

Exciting 34th District final tonight at Villa. Ludlow completely dominates the first half (28-17) behind the strong play of Ashley Daugherty and Julie Hardin. St. Henry changes their defense in the 2nd half and starts the 3rd quarter on a 12-0 run, taking a 35-32 lead into the 4th. The 4th quarter action is back and forth with Ludlow inbounding the ball with 6.4 seconds left and a chance to win the game. The inbounds pass is deflected and goes thru a Ludlow player's hands. St. Henry is able to steal the ball and Ludlow inexplicably allows the clock to expire without going for a steal or a foul. Great tournament atmosphere tonight. Best of luck to both teams in the Regional Tournament.

Edited by HOOPSNUT

Maybe some St. Henry or Ludlow fans can enlighten me on this one. This to me was the most shocking score of the district tournament so far, (Boys or Girls). St. Henry nearly beat Highlands a few weeks ago. Though the score for the Highlands v. Ludlow game indicates a 20 point differential a Highlands fan told me the margin of victory could have easily been a lot more if Highlands’s starters were left in the game. Just curious what happened here. Congrats to Ludlow. You will have a blast playing at Kentucky Bank Arena. Well earned!

Maybe some St. Henry or Ludlow fans can enlighten me on this one. This to me was the most shocking score of the district tournament so far, (Boys or Girls). St. Henry nearly beat Highlands a few weeks ago. Though the score for the Highlands v. Ludlow game indicates a 20 point differential a Highlands fan told me the margin of victory could have easily been a lot more if Highlands’s starters were left in the game. Just curious what happened here. Congrats to Ludlow. You will have a blast playing at Kentucky Bank Arena. Well earned!

I believe Highlands had a few starters out.

I believe Highlands had a few starters out.

I believe Adler was the only player missing that night, and with the depth that Highlands has, don't believe it impacted the game dramatically. I think it's obvious that Highlands, NDA, Boone, Ryle & NCC are the top teams in the 9th. Don't think you can count out Holmes, St. Henry or Ludlow from pulling the upset in the tournament. I think all three have shown the ability to step up on occasion and play at the next level, just seem to lack consistency. In regards to the close score of the St. Henry / Ludlow game last night, no big surprise here. Ludlow is a solid team with perhaps the most formidable trio of post players in the 9th Region. I think St. Henry was thrilled to walk away with a close victory.