Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP Poll 2-23

Featured Replies

Well I quess I am overlooking something, wasn't Cov-Holmes ranked 2nd the last AP poll and has lost since? Does anybody else think they are overranked? Maybe thier coach is sandbagging and the people that vote know this. I know they got a good record and beat the top team in the state, but thier performance the last month hasnt been that good. I think around 4 or 5 is more realistic.

Well I quess I am overlooking something, wasn't Cov-Holmes ranked 2nd the last AP poll and has lost since? Does anybody else think they are overranked? Maybe thier coach is sandbagging and the people that vote know this. I know they got a good record and beat the top team in the state, but thier performance the last month hasnt been that good. I think around 4 or 5 is more realistic.

 

Actually Holmes was ranked #3 last week. They're #2 this week. Their performance hasn't been so good the past month and they were still 8-1 in February. IMO that's a true sign of a good team....they can have a lackluster performance and still get W's. With it being post season time, and Henley giving a few players wake up calls, I expect them to start kicking it in high gear. Heck, they just beat their district rival on their home court by 21 and only gave up 24 points...I'd say they're starting to kick it up a notch.

Well I quess I am overlooking something, wasn't Cov-Holmes ranked 2nd the last AP poll and has lost since? Does anybody else think they are overranked? Maybe thier coach is sandbagging and the people that vote know this. I know they got a good record and beat the top team in the state, but thier performance the last month hasnt been that good. I think around 4 or 5 is more realistic.

 

Teams are going to lose from time to time. Holmes has played a pretty tough schedule and has only lost 2 games. They are very talented!!

Yeah but do you think that Cov-Holmes would be the favorite against all the teams in the top ten except for Scott County? On a neutral court I would take Scott Co., Elliott Co., Eastern, Shelby Valley, and Boone County over Holmes. They have had a better season than Boone Co. so I am not saying that they should be ranked below them, but I would have the 3 or 4 teams ranked above them.

Yeah but do you think that Cov-Holmes would be the favorite against all the teams in the top ten except for Scott County? On a neutral court I would take Scott Co., Elliott Co., Eastern, Shelby Valley, and Boone County over Holmes. They have had a better season than Boone Co. so I am not saying that they should be ranked below them, but I would have the 3 or 4 teams ranked above them.

 

You honstly believe all of those teams would beat Holmes on a neutral floor? I think your serously overlooking Holmes. Holmes has already proven they can beat Scott County. They are 27-2, with one of the toughest schedules in the state!

Elliott County or Shelby Vallrley over Holmes? Man, you are SERIOUSLY overlooking the Bulldogs.

Dont get me wrong I think they are a very good team. Proabley the most atheltic team with length in the state. But some other teams have good records and tough schedules and while they may not matchup physically the other teams may have better skills or excute the game plan better.

Cov-Holmes is an execellent defensive team!

Yeah but do you think that Cov-Holmes would be the favorite against all the teams in the top ten except for Scott County? On a neutral court I would take Scott Co., Elliott Co., Eastern, Shelby Valley, and Boone County over Holmes. They have had a better season than Boone Co. so I am not saying that they should be ranked below them, but I would have the 3 or 4 teams ranked above them.

 

We'll find out here in the next two weeks how right you are. :thumb:

 

Do you prefer your crow fried, baked, or grilled? :D

Dont get me wrong I think they are a very good team. Proabley the most atheltic team with length in the state. But some other teams have good records and tough schedules and while they may not matchup physically the other teams may have better skills or excute the game plan better.

Cov-Holmes is an execellent defensive team!

 

Which is why IMO none of the teams you listed would beat Holmes on a neutral court....especially not in the post season. Holmes would beat Eastern and Shelby Valley both by 10+. Shelby Valley isn't athletic enough to stop Holmes offensively and Eastern isn't big enough to beat Holmes. It's going to take a good shooting team like EC or a big team with athleticism, like Scott Co, to knock off Holmes RIGHT NOW.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.