Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fleming County 86 Deming 32

Featured Replies

  • Author

Emmons leads Fleming County in scoring with 29 points. She has elevated her game this year.

Fleming showed a lot of class last night pressing in the fourth quarter while they were up 54 points. I guess that has come to be expected of their coach.

I heard that the JV game was stopped short. Anyone have any information on this?

The JV stopped due to Deming not having enough players to continue. The game ended after Deming could only put two on the floor due to an injury and everyone else fouling out. It is interesting to note they were ahead even after playing a few minutes with 4 and 3 on the floor.

  • Author
The JV stopped due to Deming not having enough players to continue. The game ended after Deming could only put two on the floor due to an injury and everyone else fouling out. It is interesting to note they were ahead even after playing a few minutes with 4 and 3 on the floor.

 

I would consider that a little lopsided. :isurrender:

I would consider that a little lopsided. :isurrender:

 

They should have kept playing, winning with 2 would have been ESPN worthy!

Couldn't they go get some other players and maybe take a technical (I do not know this rule before somebody rips me! Just asking)?

They should have kept playing, winning with 2 would have been ESPN worthy!

Couldn't they go get some other players and maybe take a technical (I do not know this rule before somebody rips me! Just asking)?

 

Well. I'm sure they wouldn't be allowed to get other players unless they were on the roster. But, I do know that you can't have less than 4 players, or at least that's what we were told once, because the same situation happened to us.

 

OR, I was thinking that it was up to the team to decide whether or not they wanted to play the remained of the game.

I know there is a scorebook in hoops, but in softball, baseball, and volleyball, as long as they are on a roster they are eligible to participate. I have also seen where players have to leave, get injured etc. and a varsity player come in the game for them. I have seen the pitcher from a varsity game, go the distance and then JV pitcher blow up and the same pitcher come back in and complete that game as well and she wasn't even in the dugout and got called out of the stands. You always see JV players going back to locker room to get ready for varsity game, why not reverse it? Who would want a forfeit in a JV game anyway?

I know there is a scorebook in hoops, but in softball, baseball, and volleyball, as long as they are on a roster they are eligible to participate. I have also seen where players have to leave, get injured etc. and a varsity player come in the game for them. I have seen the pitcher from a varsity game, go the distance and then JV pitcher blow up and the same pitcher come back in and complete that game as well and she wasn't even in the dugout and got called out of the stands. You always see JV players going back to locker room to get ready for varsity game, why not reverse it? Who would want a forfeit in a JV game anyway?

 

At best in basketball, it would be a technical foul each time you added to the scorebook. I can see your point though.

The rules state you cannot finish with less than 3 players, thus the forced forfeit not chosen. The only players in Deming's locker room were 3 seniors. That is all that is held out for varsity.

I would consider that a little lopsided. :isurrender:

 

Explain.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.