Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Williamstown 75 Walton Verona 48

Featured Replies

This performance by Walton really surprises me- how do you beat a team by 10 twice in a season and then lose to them by 27. It doesn't make sense! I know that WV is young and inexperienced, but they are better than this! And about WVs coaching staff- I played for Coach Bennett and I always liked him as a person and a coach and I dont think that he is the problem at WV- I dont know what is. Good luck to both the Bearcats and the Demons the rest of the season.

Coach Bennett is an outstanding individual and knows the game extremely well....and has a staff the knows the game extremely well. This is a tough one...I don't think it's the coaching and they do have some talent. Bench strength may be an issue, but that's likely to be an issue with most high school teams. I've heard he may be moving to the AD spot next year. If that happens, would that open up the head b-ball job????

From what the present AD says (she is retiring after this year), the job is his if he wants it. He is technically able to hold both positions at one time, but with a growing school like WV it would be pretty difficult I would think. My guess is WV has a new head coach next year. Walton could have two present or past HS head coaches on staff at the school that aren't coaching- Sullivan (Campbell County) is the schools Assistant Principal and Bennett (Walton) could be the AD.

This performance by Walton really surprises me- how do you beat a team by 10 twice in a season and then lose to them by 27. It doesn't make sense! I know that WV is young and inexperienced, but they are better than this! And about WVs coaching staff- I played for Coach Bennett and I always liked him as a person and a coach and I dont think that he is the problem at WV- I dont know what is. Good luck to both the Bearcats and the Demons the rest of the season.

 

I think it is the coaching. You said, "you played for coach Bennett" then you should know that he has ran the same offense for many years. They haven't changed anything, it is kind of hard to get baskets when the other team knows everyone of your plays. Walton has a really nice team and if Coach Bennett and his staff was better at coaching and changed somethings up they would go a lot farther.:madman:

 

Good Luck Bearcats.

They don't get in down low enough at all. A good inside came opens up all those 3's WV is obsessed with. I bet the shooting % when the ball is thrown inside and kicked back out for a three is so much better than off the dribble or swinging it around the perimeter and having to turn to the basket to shoot.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.