Estill County51 Owsley County 47

It was a 10 point win for Owsley in Booneville, so I had a feeling this one in Irvine would be close. Lady Owls need to win at home when they play Lee County. That will make them the # 1 seed for the 56th district tournament at Estill County. If it comes down to a tie between Owsley and Estill at a 5-1 record, Owsley would be the 1 seed due to winning by more points in their two season games.

Estill seemed to find the answer to beating the lady owls....control Wright and Turner by not letting them go off for 40 or 50pts combined

Turner was on the bench for much of the game in foul trouble. Estill didn't really "control" her. She picked up some early fouls and didn't see all that much playing time.

Turner was on the bench for much of the game in foul trouble. Estill didn't really "control" her. She picked up some early fouls and didn't see all that much playing time.

That seems like control to me. They must have made some offensive plays that contributed to her having to over extend and possibly foul to prevent easy baskets. Or they made some defensive plays to cause her to have player control fouls. Any way you look at it I think the key to beating the lady owls is to control those two players. However the lady Owls are very dangerous because of the amount of senior leadership they have. those girls can score to and that makes them a very dangerous team.