Bath County 60 Russell 50

I don't know the stats from the game. But Russell was able to hang close most of the game. Bath kept the lead the whole game but the devils held the lead to the 6-12 point range most of the time. In the fourth Bath did build the lead up to 15 at one point but the devils cut into it again. I thought Russell played hard and spirited (one player got too spirited and I thought was going to be thrown out of the game) but Bath was just a little too good. It was one of those games where you thought Bath should have a bigger lead but the Devils just stayed in it by fighting very hard.

I am not from Bath Co so I have not seen them play. I am curious what has propelled their improvement in the last 2 years. I'm aware they hired Hicks but having observed him at other locations , has he made that much difference? Did Bath have a run of talent coming up or did kids move in ? Just curious form someone who watches the program.. I assume it might be a combination of coaching and talent upgrade.

I am not from Bath Co so I have not seen them play. I am curious what has propelled their improvement in the last 2 years. I'm aware they hired Hicks but having observed him at other locations , has he made that much difference? Did Bath have a run of talent coming up or did kids move in ? Just curious form someone who watches the program.. I assume it might be a combination of coaching and talent upgrade.

If you have observed him you must not know much about basketball, because he is very organized, works extremely hard and develops players. The guy that coached the year befoare him went 11-19 with the same players that coach Hicks went 20-5 with.

If you aren't from Bath Co. why are you concerned with how they are doing?

Bath seems to be very guard oriented, as their best players are their guards. I thought they were better last year with the little point guard that was so good at penetrating and shooting. He kept them in games against some better teams by himself at times. But they're really solid in the backcourt this year too. They do seem to play a lot better at home than on the road. I believe they are in the top half of teams in the 16th this year, from what I've seen.

If you have observed him you must not know much about basketball, because he is very organized, works extremely hard and develops players. The guy that coached the year befoare him went 11-19 with the same players that coach Hicks went 20-5 with.

If you aren't from Bath Co. why are you concerned with how they are doing?

same players 1 yr older, (that does make a difference).....I was actually just curious. ( no conspiracy theory) Having watched a lot high school basketball over the years, it's been a long time since Bath has shown this much success in basketball, 75 and '77 maybe. I wondered how much of that success is attributed to coaching versus talent upgrade. For a few years , they seemed to lose what talent they had tO Montogomery or Rowan. I was hoping for some simple opinions from fans rather than insults regarding my basketball knowledge.

I reread my post, it seemed like a decent question rather than a verbal slap toward Hicks.....