Gridiron Dynasties

jbwill2

I've read the book. A great and must read for ANY coach. These programs are what all programs, including the elites in KY aspire to be.

One of the things I found fascinating and refreshing was the belief in a spiritual aspect of the game and life. How many schools have an active FCA? I know ours does not but I will be pushing to get it going.

The other thing was the "culture" as everyone is refering to. You can read at least 2 or three other threads on this site alone (I'm too lazy to look) that read about parents/administrators hindering programs or coaches needing thick skin. These elites do not have that problem. I have coached w/ some very good coaches. First and foremost Charlie Hovis in VA and the late Jack Young in PA. These guys never had the problems with parents I read about on this site and have experienced here. It just doesn't happen. Until we get a football mentality through out the state the few teams/ schools that are winning will continue. Maybe as coaches we should make it a must read for administrators and parents.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic