South Laurel 44 Whitley County 41

Les

South was terrible from the FT line only hitting like 3 of 12 so the margin could have been bigger. BUT has much as that was a factor, in the second half Whitley had way over the 10 foul limit and South only had 3 fouls total. Now Whitley was terrible from the field but to have only three fouls when the Colonels were attacking the basket was an interesting stat. In fact Whitley dd not attempt a free throw in the second half and only 6 in the game.

If South did not have St. John they would be middle of the pack. He is a tremendous player and gets some favorable calls especially on the defensive end. But that unfortunately is part of the game in the 13th region.

Both teams were very good on the defensive end and it was a fun game to watch. Although I would have like to have seen the Colonels win in the great scheme of things it really makes no difference, they will still face each other in the district, and had the Colonels won it would have made it tougher to win in the tourney.

Nice game by both teams

I didn't say it would happen, but a person would be a fool if you don't believe the Cards don't have no chance at all of winning that game.Anything can happen once the ball is thrown up.

Whitley has played South close in two game this season, but I'm still not sold on the Colonels. I still think they are just a run-of-the-mill team in the 13th.

As far as Corbin @ South goes, South is more than capable of beating them, but I don't see it happening either.

Run-of-the-mill?? The colonels can be dangerous!

Whitley has played South close in two game this season, but I'm still not sold on the Colonels. I still think they are just a run-of-the-mill team in the 13th.

As far as Corbin @ South goes, South is more than capable of beating them, but I don't see it happening either.

Run-of-the-mill teams have a way of upsetting teams who underestimate them. Whitley nor Williamsburg have anything to lose come district time. Everyone assumes that Corbin & South are the main contenders. If either the Colonels or the Jackets go into District with their heads on straight and play good games they could send Corbin or South to the house early this year. I wouldn't dare underestimate Whitley.

Run-of-the-mill teams have a way of upsetting teams who underestimate them. Whitley nor Williamsburg have anything to lose come district time. Everyone assumes that Corbin & South are the main contenders. If either the Colonels or the Jackets go into District with their heads on straight and play good games they could send Corbin or South to the house early this year. I wouldn't dare underestimate Whitley.

Any team is beatable, especially if they overlook their opponent. However, I think that if Corbin or South go in with their heads straight, they will take care of business.

But, you're right, if Whitley or W'burg are overlooked, there could definitely be an upset!