Top 20 players in KY

There was a pitcher who played summer travel baseball ( 16 and under ) with Western Hills and he threw in the upper 80's and low 90's....can someone help with his name ( and HS ) he played with JT Riddel.This pitcher had good movement on his fastball and a good mound presence.One of the tougher pitchers I seen this past summer.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see J. Miller on there.

Chandlers Sheppard should be close to the top. He's only a Soph but was District player of the year in 8th grade and pitched in the Regional Championship. He was the Regional player of the year this year winning the Regional Championship. All he did was go to Applebee's and throw a shutout the first game of the state championship helping to lead Lawrence County to the Championship game. He's got schools like UK and Pac 10 schools looking at him going into his Soph year. He has a streak going right now going into the season. I want to say it's the state's consecutive scoreless inning record maybe.

:flame:There's one from Central Hardin sophomore catcher Jeremy Barr. Keep your eyes on this one he just came from Central Hardin to Raceland high school. Could very well become a D1 soon.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

THS is loaded with outfielders this year. Not sure why Brandon isn't being looked at in CF because he probably has the fastest speed. Andrew is a good kid, struggled alittle last year, but most sophmores do at the varsity level. THS is expecting alot from him this year. Good to see someone thinks Littrell is worthy of being in the top 20 as a junior. Berry had an off year last year, maybe due to injury, but THS will rise or fall based on what he does. Good luck to the Rocks.

I do not recall seeing any of the other outfielders with as strong of an arm as Bowling. He also gets a great jump on the ball. Speed isn't the only measuring stick for an outfielder.

Bowling hit .320 as a sophomore.

Baseball will be here soon! :clap:

I do not recall seeing any of the other outfielders with as strong of an arm as Bowling. He also gets a great jump on the ball. Speed isn't the only measuring stick for an outfielder.

I have no doubt Bowling could handle center...but typically you put your speediest outfielder in center and the strongest arm in right. Bowling is not slow, does break on the ball very well but I question whether they have a stronger outfield arm than him to put in right. With Littrell throwing as hard as he is now I imagine right field will get plenty of action against better opponents. Ths, will Torry Cannon get a look at an outfield spot?

I beg to differ after the speed issue in CF. . If Brandon Brian plays OF, he should be the front runner at CF for THS. Hasn't Brandon received an offer from Western to play outfield? Sorry Tomcat, Carney is a nice kid, but not in the top 10 or 20. Heck, I would put Reuff in the top 10, throws hard and did well last year for THS.

Wondering if anyone went to the Ohio Valley Showcase in Lexington over the weekend. Heard there was a big turnout of players from all over the state.

Wondering who stood out?

What colleges / pro teams were represented?

Brandon Boling - RHP at Bryan Station 6'4 195 lbs

Command of all pitches including split finger fastball that drops off the table.

88-92 mph

Brandon is legitimate pro draft pick in 1st 15-19 rounds right now in January, can move up in Spring ball, currently on radar of all 30 pro teams.

Signed with Gardner Webb in Big South Conference in early signing period. Recruited by LSU, Louisville,

Coastal Carolina, Stanford, and UT

I beg to differ after the speed issue in CF. . If Brandon Brian plays OF, he should be the front runner at CF for THS. Hasn't Brandon received an offer from Western to play outfield? Sorry Tomcat, Carney is a nice kid, but not in the top 10 or 20. Heck, I would put Reuff in the top 10, throws hard and did well last year for THS.

I just hope I have an excuse to make up some commemorative championship gear for Coach Tompkins in the near future! I'm sure he will use his best judgement in positioning his players.

I just hope I have an excuse to make up some commemorative championship gear for Coach Tompkins in the near future! I'm sure he will use his best judgement in positioning his players.

I hope you do have an excuse because Tompkins has been there in years past.