Grant County 54 Williamstown 50

Great win for the Braves in a very hostile environment. Lot of physical play. The Braves should be proud of the win but must make make the shots inside. Hats off to the Williamstown kids, they fought hard and made it a great game tonight. Coach May has done a good job with the Demons this year. Can't wait for the rematch at GC, should be another great one. Don't have any stats, can say that the officiating on both ends was not the best. Called a double technical on 2 players from each team that were actually showing sportsmanship to each other. Let the big boys battle all night. Davis and Vice went at it pretty hard but they called all the ticky tack stuff out front. LET THEM PLAY FOR goodness sake. Keep it up Braves let's get another win.

On a side note the Braves push their record to 11-4. The Braves only won 11 games all season last year. Great job coach Kinmon, Coach Utter and Coach Jones. Keep up the great work.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

can say that the officiating on both ends was not the best. Called a double technical on 2 players from each team that were actually showing sportsmanship to each other. Let the big boys battle all night.

I actually liked the group of officials they had, but there were some instances where you wondered why the whistles. (Storm Mason picked up a couple that I wasn't too sure about.)

However, that being said, I think everybody came in expecting a powder keg type of atmosphere...and one spark could set the whole thing off. (You could tell that by the number of law enforcement officers there. 5 KSP patrolmen, 2 detectives and 3 Williamstown City police officers. You don't see that type of pressence at most other games.)

I think the officials really wanted to let the kids know they were not going to let things get out of hand early. I know at one time I read the lips of the one official, as they were getting ready to shoot free throws where he told everybody on the line to "Zip it." Hard to tell what was being said by the kids, but obviously the official wanted to make sure it didn't escalate. And I've got no problem with that.

I think both Coach Kinmon and Coach May would be glad to have these officials all year long.

As to the game...great guts by Williamstown to not be intimidated by Grant's early season success. Came out and took it straight to the Braves. Anglin hit a bunch of shots early. But, kudos to Grant County for coming back. Davis was a big factor for them down inside, especially when Vice was on the bench.

Speaking of Vice, anybody know how he's feeling? It looked like he hit his head pretty hard on the floor late in the game, and I don't think he returned. Hope it's not a concussion. He was big for Williamstown down inside.

Great game for both teams. As mentioned before, can't wait for the rematch!