Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trimble County 59 Oldham County 48

Featured Replies

I thought that the Lit ratings were the 2nd tie breaker, but hadn't confirmed that for this year.

 

See my post; that's what I said.

"First tiebreaker is head-to-head...second tiebreaker is Litkenhous ratings as of tournament time"

 

I see your point regarding the voting, but I never really saw this as a system vs. system issue...if it is, then the only equitable thing to do would be to split the three Oldham schools into three different districts to prevent them from having some kind of advantage...but I can't see that as making sense or ever happening.

 

Yes, the combined enrollment of the three Oldham schools is much larger than Trimble, as compared to OCHS' enrollment vs. Trimble in the 70s...but that really makes no difference whatsoever. It's irrelevant when comparing the schools. Trimble isn't competing with one megaschool in the district, it's competing with three separate schools. The approximately (combined) 2600 kids in South Oldham and Oldham County don't help North Oldham have a better team, and vice-versa.

 

North is the next-to-smallest school in the district, but they are the head-and-shoulders favorite to win the district this year...

 

And who would go into the 29th instead of Trimble? Outside the historical linkage, Trimble is the only team that makes logical sense from a geographical standpoint... Any other lineup creates greater distances between district schools throughout the 8th.

 

The Henry / Eminence split may not seem to make much sense from a "county" standpoint, but those two are linked only by county lines, they ARE two different school systems, and - again, looking at geography, Eminence is the most logical team to include with Anderson, Shelby, and Spencer.

 

You have to remember that the KHSAA looks at dots on a map, not necessarily county boundaries.

 

Thanks for the kind words about Coach Forrest. He's a tremendous coach and a class act.

 

Good luck to Trimble! I'll be seeing the Raiders and Lady Raiders in each of the seeding games this year, plus the 29th district tournament, and perhaps more.

  • Author
See my post; that's what I said.

"First tiebreaker is head-to-head...second tiebreaker is Litkenhous ratings as of tournament time"

 

I see your point regarding the voting, but I never really saw this as a system vs. system issue...if it is, then the only equitable thing to do would be to split the three Oldham schools into three different districts to prevent them from having some kind of advantage...but I can't see that as making sense or ever happening.

 

Yes, the combined enrollment of the three Oldham schools is much larger than Trimble, as compared to OCHS' enrollment vs. Trimble in the 70s...but that really makes no difference whatsoever. It's irrelevant when comparing the schools. Trimble isn't competing with one megaschool in the district, it's competing with three separate schools. The approximately (combined) 2600 kids in South Oldham and Oldham County don't help North Oldham have a better team, and vice-versa.

 

North is the next-to-smallest school in the district, but they are the head-and-shoulders favorite to win the district this year...

 

And who would go into the 29th instead of Trimble? Outside the historical linkage, Trimble is the only team that makes logical sense from a geographical standpoint... Any other lineup creates greater distances between district schools throughout the 8th.

 

The Henry / Eminence split may not seem to make much sense from a "county" standpoint, but those two are linked only by county lines, they ARE two different school systems, and - again, looking at geography, Eminence is the most logical team to include with Anderson, Shelby, and Spencer.

 

You have to remember that the KHSAA looks at dots on a map, not necessarily county boundaries.

 

Thanks for the kind words about Coach Forrest. He's a tremendous coach and a class act.

 

Good luck to Trimble! I'll be seeing the Raiders and Lady Raiders in each of the seeding games this year, plus the 29th district tournament, and perhaps more.

 

I guess my post wasn't clear, but I was agreeing with you about the Lit ratings, not doubting what you were saying.

 

I think only if you have been in a situation similar to ours would you truly understand what it is like. This is in no way a "knock" against Oldham Co, just against the situation. We really have no say in any of the decisions that are made during district meetings...unless we agree with "the Oldhams" since they ALWAYS (for whatever reason) vote as a block. Those three schools aren't doing anything wrong at all. They are doing what is in their best interest (of doing what they have been told to do) and I am fine with that. However, I consider what is best for our school and athletic teams. Don't get me wrong. I am not against competing against the Oldhams...we may seldom be successful, but I am not against that challenge. I am against being put in a district in which we have no choices due to block voting.

 

Again, we'll have to agree to disagree on the splitting of the "dots" - there were ways to split the 8th into districts that would lessen the travel for many schools (compared to what they do now) and not give any one school system control of a district, but no one would consider splitting the Oldhams up. I can understand that, based on natural rivalry and that those schools are fairly close. However, that was not a consideration when the decision was made to split up Henry Co and Eminence. Our athletic director wrote a letter to the KHSAA that showed a different splitting of the 8th, but, as good as it was and as much sense as it made, it was a futile effort. Perhaps it will be considered when the districting is looked at again. I won't be holding my breath, though. I can see the new East Oldham ending up in the 29th and TC staying there...instead of 1 against 3 Oldhams, now 1 against 4 Oldhams.

 

Best of luck to all the Oldhams ;) except in their games against TC...well, and maybe Carroll County, as I have grown fond that team in the past couple of years.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
reworded a section

Good win for Trimble. Not sure how I missed this one on the scoreboard..

 

Congrats Raiders!

Edited by Ram Tough
Rule 13

I guess my post wasn't clear, but I was agreeing with you about the Lit ratings, not doubting what you were saying.

 

I think only if you have been in a situation similar to ours would you truly understand what it is like. This is in no way a "knock" against Oldham Co, just against the situation. We really have no say in any of the decisions that are made during district meetings...unless we agree with "the Oldhams" since they ALWAYS (for whatever reason) vote as a block. Those three schools aren't doing anything wrong at all. They are doing what is in their best interest (of doing what they have been told to do) and I am fine with that. However, I consider what is best for our school and athletic teams. Don't get me wrong. I am not against competing against the Oldhams...we may seldom be successful, but I am not against that challenge. I am against being put in a district in which we have no choices due to block voting.

 

Again, we'll have to agree to disagree on the splitting of the "dots" - there were ways to split the 8th into districts that would lessen the travel for many schools (compared to what they do now) and not give any one school system control of a district, but no one would consider splitting the Oldhams up. I can understand that, based on natural rivalry and that those schools are fairly close. However, that was not a consideration when the decision was made to split up Henry Co and Eminence. Our athletic director wrote a letter to the KHSAA that showed a different splitting of the 8th, but, as good as it was and as much sense as it made, it was a futile effort. Perhaps it will be considered when the districting is looked at again. I won't be holding my breath, though. I can see the new East Oldham ending up in the 29th and TC staying there...instead of 1 against 3 Oldhams, now 1 against 4 Oldhams.

 

Best of luck to all the Oldhams ;) except in their games against TC...well, and maybe Carroll County, as I have grown fond that team in the past couple of years.

 

 

Hey, good people can disagree! (about the districting)

 

As I've covered the 8th for 30 years, I'd be very interesting in seeing Frank's proposal for the 8th. Frank's a great guy and a good friend; I wish every AD was as down to earth and likeable as him. He always makes Pegasus welcome in the Trimble gym.

 

I understand your point of feeling a bit "outnumbered"...but I'd hate to see Trimble leave the 29th...for that matter, I miss the old 31st. But the historical connections between Oldham and, say, Carroll or Gallatin don't run as deep as the connection with Trimble. And...as a result...I've developed a lot of friendships in Trimble over the years...Jim Hurst, J.T., Frank, Marcia, ad infinitum...all really good folks.

 

Of course, Trimble's biggest beef should be with the state highway DOT...if I-71 had been put a bit further to the west... :D

 

Good luck to the Raiders the rest of the way... (come say "hi" at the next seeding game!)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.