Elliott Co. 132 Boyd Co. 67

I could agree with playing the starters only part of one quarter if it were an infrequent occurrence, when it's happening every game you've got to let the starters get in their playing time.

Also, let's face it - Boyd County and other teams in the 16th region are a little different than pounding those teams like GS is talking about (MMI, Riverside, etc.). When I played, Rose Hill and Riverside were very weak. We never played starters more than the first half in those games.

I'm not for sure if this has been brought up in the previous forum on the game, but with the addition of the newspaper article it sounds like the Boyd Co. team of the 50's would have scored alot more probably with the 3pt LINE. Games like this happen more then what people think, it just don't happen that often around here.

Alright, here are my thoughts ON THE ACTUAL GAME:

Good showing by Elliott. I feel that they should've played their regular rotation more than they did - probably about 3 full quarters - and then turned it over to the j.v./freshmen team. Coach Mays was trying to be a class act by taking the starters out as much as he did. Boyd continued to press and run with a much better team and thats what the score indicates. Altogether, a good prep for this weekends game with South Charleston.

Agreed. :thumb:

You can't play your starters for only a couple of quarters every time you get up big on a team. I'm sure there are plenty of things the Elliot starters could have worked on while actually playing in this game and not running up the score. Slow the ball down and have your kids work on some set plays. Maybe play some zone on defense if your kids aren't used to playing that. There's plenty of things you can work on in a game while your up that much that you wont get the same results if you were to work on them in a practice.

It's fun to play though and you don't punish your players who work hard all week for playing well enough to build a 30 point lead.

I'm a Boyd fan and I don't see anything wrong with the score. I think it's mostly been people not associated with Boyd complaining. :lol:

Again, congrats to Elliot :thumb:

Eliott played zone the last 3 and a half quarters and it was pretty soft. Boyd took advantage by making a ton of threes. I really think Boyd will eventually be a decent team. They are athletic and shoot the ball pretty well. They need to learn to play a little defense and handle the ball better to play the style Wooten wants.