Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jeffersontown

Featured Replies

Anyone seen these guys play yet this year. I saw they put 113 pts up against Atherton. But then only beat Christian Academy by 11, scoring in the 50's. I know CAL has a couple kids that are pretty good, but I would think they are about the same as Atherton.......

Anyone seen these guys play yet this year. I saw they put 113 pts up against Atherton. But then only beat Christian Academy by 11, scoring in the 50's. I know CAL has a couple kids that are pretty good, but I would think they are about the same as Atherton.......

 

No. Atherton and Christian Academy are not at the same level, CAL is much better. Atherton dresses 7 or 8 players. Christian Academy would compete for the 8th region this year.

I agree CAL is much better than Atherton...but I don't see anything about this CAL team that looks special...they might do better in the 8th than they would in the 7th, but beating up on Spencer County is hardly the same as competing with Anderson County, North Oldham, Shelby County, Owen County, Simon Kenton, Oldham County, or South Oldham...

  • Author
No. Atherton and Christian Academy are not at the same level, CAL is much better. Atherton dresses 7 or 8 players. Christian Academy would compete for the 8th region this year.

 

What I meant to say was I thought Atherton was suppose to be better. I like CAL and agree they would contend in the 8th. I think they have a couple of kids who could play with anyone in the 7th region. But Jtown is ranked in the top 5 and I would have expected more, even with Cosby not playing.

  • Author
I agree CAL is much better than Atherton...but I don't see anything about this CAL team that looks special...they might do better in the 8th than they would in the 7th, but beating up on Spencer County is hardly the same as competing with Anderson County, North Oldham, Shelby County, Owen County, Simon Kenton, Oldham County, or South Oldham...

 

Not familiar with Anderson Co, Owen or Simon, but CAL can play with any of these teams....They are better than you think. None of these teams will be real contenders though....which is why I started the post about Jtown....are they really top 5?

CAL has two real good players in Henderson and Lopez. They are in the same district and J-town barely got by them in the first district tournament game las season. Does anybody know where the game was played or if CAL zoned them. If J-town has any weak spot, it's probably parameter shooting without Cosby, yet...

J-Town is ligit top 5.

Not familiar with Anderson Co, Owen or Simon, but CAL can play with any of these teams....They are better than you think. None of these teams will be real contenders though....which is why I started the post about Jtown....are they really top 5?

 

I meant no disrespect to the Centurions...I have a world of respect for the CAL athletic program and the folks there have been truly wonderful to me when I've broadcast some of their games. I just disagree that CAL's boys team is good enough to be a true contender in the 8th.

 

I didn't say that CAL couldn't compete with the above teams...I said that beating Spencer County badly as CAL did (an 8th Region school that is down this year) isn't enough to claim contender status in the 8th. The 8th is definitely down this year...perennial powers Simon Kenton and Oldham County, for example, look to be re-building... Right now at least, the 8th looks like it's probably a three- maybe four - horse race this year between Anderson, North Oldham, Shelby, and perhaps Owen County... and I think CAL would find playing other teams in the 8th, that are a little lower-ranked in the region - such as South Oldham, Simon Kenton, and Oldham County - a lot more difficult than you think.

 

It's just a little much to believe that CAL is flying so much under the radar that no poll has them in the top 10 of the 7th Region. C-J coach's poll doesn't have them in the top 10...BGP has them 15th in the 7th Region... I know the 7th is loaded, but I'm not sure I buy into the idea that the 15th-ranked team in the 7th is good enough to contend for the title in the 8th... of course, rankings have been known to be off by a bit... :lol:

 

As for Jtown...wow, the talent is there to be top 5. But no, if I had to vote today, I wouldn't have them in the top 5. Scott County, Holmes, Bryan Station, Manual, and Fairdale come to my mind as teams I would pick ahead of Jeffersontown right now. I'm also going to be watching Ballard and Male after impressive pre-seasons by those two. But we'll learn a lot about the Chargers as they move through an aggressive schedule...coming up, Anderson County in the King of the Bluegrass...Eastern, Ballard, Manual, Trinity, Moore, Seneca...

I meant no disrespect to the Centurions...I have a world of respect for the CAL athletic program and the folks there have been truly wonderful to me when I've broadcast some of their games. I just disagree that CAL's boys team is good enough to be a true contender in the 8th.

 

I didn't say that CAL couldn't compete with the above teams...I said that beating Spencer County badly as CAL did (an 8th Region school that is down this year) isn't enough to claim contender status in the 8th. The 8th is definitely down this year...perennial powers Simon Kenton and Oldham County, for example, look to be re-building... Right now at least, the 8th looks like it's probably a three- maybe four - horse race this year between Anderson, North Oldham, Shelby, and perhaps Owen County... and I think CAL would find playing other teams in the 8th, that are a little lower-ranked in the region - such as South Oldham, Simon Kenton, and Oldham County - a lot more difficult than you think.

 

It's just a little much to believe that CAL is flying so much under the radar that no poll has them in the top 10 of the 7th Region. C-J coach's poll doesn't have them in the top 10...BGP has them 15th in the 7th Region... I know the 7th is loaded, but I'm not sure I buy into the idea that the 15th-ranked team in the 7th is good enough to contend for the title in the 8th... of course, rankings have been known to be off by a bit... :lol:

 

As for Jtown...wow, the talent is there to be top 5. But no, if I had to vote today, I wouldn't have them in the top 5. Scott County, Holmes, Bryan Station, Manual, and Fairdale come to my mind as teams I would pick ahead of Jeffersontown right now. I'm also going to be watching Ballard and Male after impressive pre-seasons by those two. But we'll learn a lot about the Chargers as they move through an aggressive schedule...coming up, Anderson County in the King of the Bluegrass...Eastern, Ballard, Manual, Trinity, Moore, Seneca...

 

CAL could compete for the 8th Region. It is one of the bottom 4 regions in the state and there are zero powerhouse teams in the 8th.

CAL could compete for the 8th Region. It is one of the bottom 4 regions in the state and there are zero powerhouse teams in the 8th.

 

It's December, so this is a debate that cannot be resolved until March - at best - but I respectfully disagree. I've covered high school sports for 30 years, and will agree that the 8th is definitely down this year...but people said that last year, too, and Shelby County made it all the way to the Sweet 16 semi-finals. (no 8th Region team was ranked last year, either)

 

Looking at the region from top-to-bottom, I would rank the 8th somewhere in the bottom half of the state. I would rank it about 10th or 11th.

 

North Oldham, playing shorthanded, played Ballard tough the other day, leading late, before giving it up in the final moments. One of their bigs was out, and their football players just joined the team. Shelby has started slow in terms of wins/losses, but the Rockets are playing a very tough early schedule. Anderson County is looking very impressive early. I don't see CAL beating any of those three, although we aren't likely to see such a matchup.

 

Gallatin County and Owen County have excellent teams, with quickness and sharpshooters. In addition, Owen has one of the best bigs in the region.

 

CAL would certainly compete well in the 8th, but would currently merit a ranking near the middle of the region. They would likely play in the 8th Region tournament, unless they were in the 30th, where they would be an underdog to Shelby and Anderson...

 

I feel for CAL...the 7th is undoubtedly one of the elite regions this year.

  • Author
I meant no disrespect to the Centurions...I have a world of respect for the CAL athletic program and the folks there have been truly wonderful to me when I've broadcast some of their games. I just disagree that CAL's boys team is good enough to be a true contender in the 8th.

 

I didn't say that CAL couldn't compete with the above teams...I said that beating Spencer County badly as CAL did (an 8th Region school that is down this year) isn't enough to claim contender status in the 8th. The 8th is definitely down this year...perennial powers Simon Kenton and Oldham County, for example, look to be re-building... Right now at least, the 8th looks like it's probably a three- maybe four - horse race this year between Anderson, North Oldham, Shelby, and perhaps Owen County... and I think CAL would find playing other teams in the 8th, that are a little lower-ranked in the region - such as South Oldham, Simon Kenton, and Oldham County - a lot more difficult than you think.

 

It's just a little much to believe that CAL is flying so much under the radar that no poll has them in the top 10 of the 7th Region. C-J coach's poll doesn't have them in the top 10...BGP has them 15th in the 7th Region... I know the 7th is loaded, but I'm not sure I buy into the idea that the 15th-ranked team in the 7th is good enough to contend for the title in the 8th... of course, rankings have been known to be off by a bit... :lol:

 

As for Jtown...wow, the talent is there to be top 5. But no, if I had to vote today, I wouldn't have them in the top 5. Scott County, Holmes, Bryan Station, Manual, and Fairdale come to my mind as teams I would pick ahead of Jeffersontown right now. I'm also going to be watching Ballard and Male after impressive pre-seasons by those two. But we'll learn a lot about the Chargers as they move through an aggressive schedule...coming up, Anderson County in the King of the Bluegrass...Eastern, Ballard, Manual, Trinity, Moore, Seneca...

 

Rankings don't mean a whole lot at this point. That's why they play the games.....Jtown really has their work cut out for them with that schedule...then again all teams in the 7th region play tough schedules. Whoever comes out of that region will be a tough out in Rupp.

Rankings don't mean a whole lot at this point. That's why they play the games.....Jtown really has their work cut out for them with that schedule...then again all teams in the 7th region play tough schedules. Whoever comes out of that region will be a tough out in Rupp.

 

I can certainly agree with those sentiments! The 7th is probably - in my opinion, there's no debate - one of the top two regions, along with the 11th. It'll be a dogfight...and injuries and luck (good & bad) will have a hand in shaping the outcome.

 

Jeffersontown has the potential to not just win the region, but also to win the state. The 7th will certainly prepare them...

It's December, so this is a debate that cannot be resolved until March - at best - but I respectfully disagree. I've covered high school sports for 30 years, and will agree that the 8th is definitely down this year...but people said that last year, too, and Shelby County made it all the way to the Sweet 16 semi-finals. (no 8th Region team was ranked last year, either)

 

Looking at the region from top-to-bottom, I would rank the 8th somewhere in the bottom half of the state. I would rank it about 10th or 11th.

 

North Oldham, playing shorthanded, played Ballard tough the other day, leading late, before giving it up in the final moments. One of their bigs was out, and their football players just joined the team. Shelby has started slow in terms of wins/losses, but the Rockets are playing a very tough early schedule. Anderson County is looking very impressive early. I don't see CAL beating any of those three, although we aren't likely to see such a matchup.

 

Gallatin County and Owen County have excellent teams, with quickness and sharpshooters. In addition, Owen has one of the best bigs in the region.

 

CAL would certainly compete well in the 8th, but would currently merit a ranking near the middle of the region. They would likely play in the 8th Region tournament, unless they were in the 30th, where they would be an underdog to Shelby and Anderson...

 

I feel for CAL...the 7th is undoubtedly one of the elite regions this year.

I think Shelby County did show up in the top 20 power rankings sometime during the last season, but as you well know the sweet 16 does not always have the 16 best teams. Shelby did have a nice team and making it to the semis is a great accomplishment, but I don't think they were a top 5 team in the state.
I meant no disrespect to the Centurions...I have a world of respect for the CAL athletic program and the folks there have been truly wonderful to me when I've broadcast some of their games. I just disagree that CAL's boys team is good enough to be a true contender in the 8th.

 

I didn't say that CAL couldn't compete with the above teams...I said that beating Spencer County badly as CAL did (an 8th Region school that is down this year) isn't enough to claim contender status in the 8th. The 8th is definitely down this year...perennial powers Simon Kenton and Oldham County, for example, look to be re-building... Right now at least, the 8th looks like it's probably a three- maybe four - horse race this year between Anderson, North Oldham, Shelby, and perhaps Owen County... and I think CAL would find playing other teams in the 8th, that are a little lower-ranked in the region - such as South Oldham, Simon Kenton, and Oldham County - a lot more difficult than you think.

 

It's just a little much to believe that CAL is flying so much under the radar that no poll has them in the top 10 of the 7th Region. C-J coach's poll doesn't have them in the top 10...BGP has them 15th in the 7th Region... I know the 7th is loaded, but I'm not sure I buy into the idea that the 15th-ranked team in the 7th is good enough to contend for the title in the 8th... of course, rankings have been known to be off by a bit... :lol:

 

As for Jtown...wow, the talent is there to be top 5. But no, if I had to vote today, I wouldn't have them in the top 5. Scott County, Holmes, Bryan Station, Manual, and Fairdale come to my mind as teams I would pick ahead of Jeffersontown right now. I'm also going to be watching Ballard and Male after impressive pre-seasons by those two. But we'll learn a lot about the Chargers as they move through an aggressive schedule...coming up, Anderson County in the King of the Bluegrass...Eastern, Ballard, Manual, Trinity, Moore, Seneca...

 

Does Elliott County ever come to your mind?? They are a long ways from Oldham County!!! Down I-64 and then off and over several mountain ranges and winding backroads. Not on the way to anywhere in particular. Gotta wana get there to get there if you know what I mean Vern. Just wondering as they stay on my mind for some odd reason.

Actually, I am very much aware of Elliott County, having relatives from not far from there. (Morgan County) But when I wrote the post, I was typing fast and those were the first teams that came to mind. It was not meant to be an all-inclusive list by any means...

 

And yes, I would rank Elliott ahead of J-town right now...

Actually, I am very much aware of Elliott County, having relatives from not far from there. (Morgan County) But when I wrote the post, I was typing fast and those were the first teams that came to mind. It was not meant to be an all-inclusive list by any means...

 

And yes, I would rank Elliott ahead of J-town right now...

 

ColonelMike--Not trying to get on your case. But the point is that most in a quick thought don't come up with Elliott County. They are not a year in and year out powerhouse. Also they are stuck up in the mountains and somewhat isolated. They are near no major media outlets except if you want to count the weekly newspaper the Elliott News. Many on here make that make the negative comments about them haven't seen them play and have been no where near Sandy Hook or don't know or care which mountain range it is located between. If I hadn't seen them play as much as I have then I would probably assume they are a bunch of short mountain kids that don't play anybody and shouldn't be in the Top 20. A few heads were changed last March in Rupp when they had the State Champs on the ropes, but let it slip away.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.