Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands and National Rankings

Featured Replies

I have lightly searched for some information regarding Highlands football and if their football team has ever been nationally ranked. Winning 17 football titles in Kentucky is quite a noteworthy accomplishment and it appears number 18 is imminent.

 

I have lived in Florida, Texas and Georgia where football is king and became accustomed to hearing about certain local teams hitting the national radar screen. I know we currently have a 6A representative being recognized outside our state’s borders but when was the last time Highlands had such recognition?

 

From what I have learned over the past few weeks is that Highlands has about as many historians as they do quality football players. Thanks in advance for any information on this.

  • Author
Well first of all, you know how we HATE to toot our own horn. :cool: But here are a couple pages from the very best site dedicated strictly to Highlands football.

 

(On the first link, the relevant information starts in the third paragraph.)

 

 

Thanks Birdsfan...I didnt think it would take long to get pointed in the right direction. ;) I will enjoy reading the links.

 

As for tooting your own horn, I think the only rival to that enjoyment is probably those frequent blasts from the cannon.

 

BTW...best of luck on number 18.

Well first of all, you know how we HATE to toot our own horn. :cool: But here are a couple pages from the very best site dedicated strictly to Highlands football.

 

(On the first link, the relevant information starts in the third paragraph.)

 

 

http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com/History.html

 

 

http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com/Records.html

 

I wished all the schools had this.

To recap some of the information on http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com (whoever designed that website it a pure genius by the way!!!!!! j/k)...

 

There have been seven seasons when HHS has finished the year ranked nationally in the various high school football polls/rankings, most recently last year (2007), when the team was ranked 21st nationally in the final MaxPreps poll.

 

Also, the 2008 Highlands team began this season ranked nationally in the USA Today Super 25 (and other rankings lists), but fell out of the rankings when they lost to Colerain in week two.

 

The following has been taken from the web log on http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com (which can be found on the contents page)... it was posted at the beginning of the 2008 season. If you go to the web log and go back through previous posts (posted in reverse chronological order), you can see it.

 

National Preseason Rankings

 

Highlands is ranked 14th nationally in the MaxPreps/ CalPreps preseason rankings.

Highlands is ranked 23rd nationally in the USA Today preseason Super 25.

Highlands is ranked 19th in the midwest region in the ESPN RISE preseason rankings.

Highlands is ranked 20th in the great lakes region in the RivalsHigh preseason rankings.

Highlands is listed as a team that "just missed the cut" (i.e. ranked nationally in the 102-152 range) in the PrepNation 101 preseason rankings.

 

State Preseason Rankings

 

Highlands is ranked 1st in Kentucky, regardless of football classification, in the CalPreps preseason rankings.

Highlands is ranked 1st in Kentucky Class 5A in the BluegrassPreps preseason rankings.

Highlands is ranked 1st in Kentucky Class 5A in the Lexington Herald-Leader preseason coaches' poll.

Highlands is ranked 1st in Kentucky Class 5A in the Louisville Courier-Journal preseason coaches' poll.

Highlands is ranked 3rd in Kentucky, regardless of football classification, and 1st in Kentucky Class 5A in the Massey preseason ratings.

Highlands is ranked 3rd in Kentucky, regardless of football classification, and 1st in Kentucky Class 5A in the Lexington Herald-Leader Mike Fields' Top 25 preseason rankings.

Highlands is ranked 1st in northern Kentucky, regardless of football classification, in the Northern Kentucky Enquirer preseason coaches' poll.

Edited by jbwill2

Also, as an FYI, I am out of the country and the internet connection I have access to will not permit me to go in and update my web log on http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com (if you look at it, it lists the HHS-JC game preview as the most recent entry). Someone even posted a comment on the web log that I am "slipping" in providing updates (cute).

 

I will be sure to write up all the games (hopefully there will be three to write up!!!!) upon my return in mid-December! At least I can still BGP!!

 

Go 'Birds!

Well first of all, you know how we HATE to toot our own horn. :cool:

 

 

To recap some of the information on http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com (whoever designed that website it a pure genius by the way!!!!!! j/k)...
Umm, as I was saying...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.