Anderson County 65 Garrard County 50

Final score from last night. Was at the game and Penny was a man among boy's against Garrard County. He scored 27 points and was very unselfish trying to get others involved. AC plays a real deliberate style that is conducive to keeping the score in the 60s.

Front line of 6'5" Penny (27 pts.), 6'4" Jr. Will Ruggles (11 pts.), and 6'3" Jr. Jacob Russell (18 pts.) scored 56 of the 65 points. Only other scorer was the little left hand guard who scored 9 pts. on 3-4 trey shooting.

NOTES: AC will have major problems with Elliott on Jan. 10th if they don't develop some guard play and scoring. AC runs a lot of time off the clock with each possession and EC will try to push them into an up tempo game. AC must keep the score in the 60s to have a shot at Elliott, which I don't think they can do with their guard play right now.

Final score from last night. Was at the game and Penny was a man among boy's against Garrard County. He scored 27 points and was very unselfish trying to get others involved. AC plays a real deliberate style that is conducive to keeping the score in the 60s.

Front line of 6'5" Penny (27 pts.), 6'4" Jr. Will Ruggles (11 pts.), and 6'3" Jr. Jacob Russell (18 pts.) scored 56 of the 65 points. Only other scorer was the little left hand guard who scored 9 pts. on 3-4 trey shooting.

NOTES: AC will have major problems with Elliott on Jan. 10th if they don't develop some guard play and scoring. AC runs a lot of time off the clock with each possession and EC will try to push them into an up tempo game. AC must keep the score in the 60s to have a shot at Elliott, which I don't think they can do with their guard play right now.

Garrard County is not a good team to make any analysis on and I believe you know that. What team in Lion Mania's opinion wouldn't have trouble with Elliott County? It's interesting to note that you point out "three players doing the bulk of scoring." That seems ironic.

Garrard County is not a good team to make any analysis on and I believe you know that. What team in Lion Mania's opinion wouldn't have trouble with Elliott County? It's interesting to note that you point out "three players doing the bulk of scoring." That seems ironic.

Speedy, you are right. Garrard did not look like a top 10 region team in the generally weak 12th region last night. AC is a contender in not a real strong

8th region. Coach Drury seems content on controlling the tempo and getting 10-15 passes each time down the floor before a shot can be taken. They (AC) have some good athletes in Penny, Ruggles, and Russell, but he will not turn them lose in my opinion and let the horses run so to speak.

It was a boring game from my perspective with sometimes AC taking almost a minute to get a shot up in the half court offense. It was an opener against a weak opponent and one must take that into account. But, I saw AC play 5 or 6 times last year and with the same team the style doesn't change any from last year. They have some talent, but I feel don't get full utilization of what they have with the style they play.

Garrard isn't such a weak opening opponent. They had a chance to cut it to 8, but didn't cash in on a couple of possesions. First game, no one is going to be perfect. If Garrard would have knocked down a couple more treys it would have been a totally different ball game. But to say that Garrard was a "Weak" opening opponent, is very untrue. We will see as the season goes along.

Garrard isn't such a weak opening opponent. They had a chance to cut it to 8, but didn't cash in on a couple of possesions. First game, no one is going to be perfect. If Garrard would have knocked down a couple more treys it would have been a totally different ball game. But to say that Garrard was a "Weak" opening opponent, is very untrue. We will see as the season goes along.

Weak is a relative term. AC was rated #19 by the Herald Leader. Garrard is certainly no top #25 team in the state and I saw probably 50 High School teams play last year including many in the Top 25. They may be strong in relation to the 12th region, but the 12th region is one of the weakest regions in the state and I live in that region. I don't see a lot of 12th region games just for that reason.

Not sure what game you watched. I was at this game to and Anderson pressed the whole game. I didn't see Anderson run very much half court offense. I seen them trying to speed up the game. If you know anything about GC you know their half court man offense is good. Penny is as good of player you will see this year. He does everything and does it good. Ruggles is their point guard not a front line player, he brung the ball up all night. I am not sure you were there. Just so you know Anderson did not have everyone yet. Their 6'6 center won't play his first game until they play Mercer. And 2 football guards have not practiced yet.

Glen Drury is one of the top coaches in the state. He will find a way for his team to be competitive with whomever is on his schedule. Mark it down.

I agree about Coach Drury. I got to spend time with him a couple of years ago and he is class guy