Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Monroe County 45 Bardstown 14

Featured Replies

Final

Wow! Huge win. Any observations from those in attendance?

  • Author

First and foremost it was a bitter cold night for football in Tompkinsville! The Falcons got on the scoreboard first with a 6-0 lead then Bardstown drove it down the field and scored to make it a 7-6 ballgame. After that Monroe completely took over and never trailed again. Huge performance by QB Justin Harlan for Monroe.

 

Monroe and Green will meet up for the region championship back in Tompkinsville. Should be the makings of a barn burner. Good luck to both teams.

 

Also it was great meeting Bardstown fans (Hearsay). Hope you all enjoyed the trip and a safe trip home. :thumb:

If you could bear the cold it was pretty much one sided. Thanks to Bardstown fans that made the 2+ hour trip to our little place in the Universe down hear in Monroe County.

 

It was an awesome performance by the Falcons, I can't say enough about Monroe's offensive and defensive lines! They are fired up and are executing thier jobs wonderfully!

 

Monroe is very deep this year at almost all positions on the field, Coach Petett showed everyone that he is ready for a long playoff run!!! Great play calling, not to diverse, just what he needed to put this one away...Congrats John!!!

 

Now lets get ready for a very tough Dragon team that is going to bring a whole county of fans with them to revenge their season loss to Monroe...If you are anywhere around Monroe County Friday night I would highly recommend that you attend an awesome game that has all the signs of a brutal rematch!!!!

 

Go Roe Go!!!:thumb:

It was very nice to meet some of the Bardstown Fans...I am sorry you didn't get to try some Monroe County Bar-B-Que..Next time you are down this way just call and we will make an event if it!!!!

Congrats to the Falcons. Big rematch next week with Green Co.

Its becoming one of the big rivals of south central KY.

Long way to drive for a tail-kicking. Congratulations Falcons on your first trip to a regional final since 1989. You deserve it.

 

Here is how my day went: I was supposed to have about 4 men go with me. They all chickened out with various and sundry excuses. So I made the trip by my lonesome. Then, I was supposed to have BBQ at a place called Backyard BBQ with Toebud and others. Couldn't get it on my GPS, and was told later (to my chagrin) that I apparently drove right past it at least twice. Adding insult to injury, the Tiger radio team greeted me at the stadium with "geez we just had some awfully good BBQ."

 

Then Bardstown proceeded to play the 'ol stinkeroo. I don't want to take anything away from the Falcons. They are a solid team and played so smoothly they would probably have beaten us even on a good night. But Bardstown just flat sleepwalked through this game and was not prepared to play hungry football.

 

Then, on the drive home, alone, I hit a nice looking large-breed dog head-on doing about 60 MPH somewhere between Summer Shade and Eighty-Eight, Ky. Killed it instantly. Got out in the 18 degree weather in the middle of nowhere and just stared at it for 2 minutes, as if there were any possibility of calling its owner.

 

Falcons are a tough team. I think the best part about them is that there is no one GREAT player, and also no one real weak player. They are all just solid, unspectacular, hard-working football players. Racked up about 290 on the ground and just demolished our lines. Ran QB Counter all day long, which, incidentally, was excellent scouting and film work on our #42. They are disciplined, well-coached, and motivated.

 

Great to meet Toebud, tsyoung, and SEMPERFIFALCON, I owe you guys a dinner and sorry we could not give you a better game. Tompkinsville reminds me of Corbin in that the whole town turns out for a game, there are "Falcon Backer" signs up all over the county, and they still pray before the football game. Best of luck against Green County.

Hearsay, I am sorry your day didn't turn out quite as planned. It was great to get to chat with you about other teams this year, and OMG about the dog! I hope it didn't hurt your vehicle to bad, I would hate you to take memories of Monroe County by your incidents on the trip...Come Back Down soon! I am just glad that you all got home safe!!!

I was glad to see the Falcons came to play tonight, I was very impressed with their effort and intensity...

Hearsay it was great meeting you, wish you could have had a better trip. Your right about the whole town turning out to support the team, with the current state of this town this football season has been a breathe of fresh air for many Monroe Countians...

Hate that I couldn't get down there early enough to meet up with some of our Monroe Co. friends. Sure was cold on those sidelines. BRRRR!

 

Great adjustments by MC after Bardstown's first drive. The MC line was impressive, and had all the answers on offense and defense. That QB was fun to watch as well. Good luck to the Falcons next week!

Monroe is piling up the points

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.