Scrimmage: Shelby Valley 73 Hazard 62

Hazard played pretty good to be shorthanded, due to football, only dressed 10 kids(four 8th graders, two of them started). Warren 20, Whitaker 17, Jones 12. Hazard missing 8 of their top 11 players.

Justice and Hatfield looked good for svalley, they have a really big team.

Shelby Valley built a lead of 15 or so in the first half, but Hazard continued to fight. Whitaker did a nice job of keeping his dribble alive and creating shots for Warren and Jones on the interior. Shelby Valley's defensive intensity was lacking, and Hazard got alot of putbacks on the offensive glass. Pretty nice battle between Justice and Whitaker. Not sure of the stats other than turnovers with 6 for Whitaker and 0 for Justice. Good competitive scrimmage for both teams...

I think Hazard and SV are two pretty evenly matched teams. SV has a significant size advantage, but Hazard seems to be a physically tougher team. The guard situation is pretty much a tossup (depending on what you like from a point guard) with Justice and Whitaker. I think both of these teams could be very successful in the All A.

I think Hazard and SV are two pretty evenly matched teams. SV has a significant size advantage, but Hazard seems to be a physically tougher team. The guard situation is pretty much a tossup (depending on what you like from a point guard) with Justice and Whitaker. I think both of these teams could be very successful in the All A.

Hazard will be even more physical when football team is done Dec. 12( :ylsuper::ylsuper:HOPE???) with addition of Campbell, Martin and Fugate, all are really big and strong.

You are right about Justice and Whitaker are very similar players and are each teams best player.

Hazard gaurd situation will be alot better when Eric Back (transfer) becomes eligible at first of January. Josh Kidd will also be big addition to backcourt when Football is over, he had a great summer and is probably best defender on team.

Cory Martin and Micheal Campbell started all last year and transfer Eric Back may also start when he gets to play in January.

Football players Kidd and Fugate would probably be 6th and 7th man.

Back gives Hazard another guard besides Whitaker who can handle the ball. That will really help them. Also Campbell is a very nice player.

Hazard did not have Michael Campbell (Starter), Cory Martin (Starter), Eric Back (Eligible in January), Josh Kidd, Allan Fugate, Jon Combs, B.J. Combs, Zach Blanton, and Todd Whitson. Their roster was made up of Whitaker, Warren, Jones, Jordan Olinger (8th), Austin Johnson (8th), Kyle Spencer (9th), Clint Clemons (11th), Justin Walker (10th), Ryan Whitaker (8th), and Jarrod Combs (8th).

I understand that Hazard was missing quite a few of it's players, but I'm not sure the 9th, 10th, and 11th man make that much of a difference... But if we're counting them then SV was also missing it's 8th, 9th, and 10th players in Cody Varney, Logan Lucas, and Dylan Tackett...