Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Deming Coaching Position????

Featured Replies

Word is that Workman is no longer the baseball coach at Deming?? Any truth to this?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Havent heard that. Darius is still in school correct?

 

He is a senior this year.

  • Author

There are alot of rumours circulating around right now. Does anyone know why Workman is no longer the coach?

There are alot of rumours circulating around right now. Does anyone know why Workman is no longer the coach?

 

Maybe someone within the school system wanted the job.

  • Author
Maybe someone within the school system wanted the job.

 

I heard this and I also heard that their were parents that were unhappy with Workman.

 

I'll try to find out more but right now I can't get a hold of anyone that may know

Last thing I heard was that parents of players who quit last years team approached the board wanting a new coach. Assistant basketball coach John Brown showed interest and there was a move last week to switch coaches. So I believe both stories are correct...

Last thing I heard was that parents of players who quit last years team approached the board wanting a new coach. Assistant basketball coach John Brown showed interest and there was a move last week to switch coaches. So I believe both stories are correct...

 

Brown will do a fine job coaching Baseball. He was pretty good in HS at Nicholas County.

John Brown will do a great job. It helps that the kids like Brown. Thats more than I can say for Workman

Workman was only there for his kid. Darius is a senior and his dad would have left after that anyway. Im glad the administration at Demimg went ahead and made this move.

  • Author
Workman was only there for his kid. Darius is a senior and his dad would have left after that anyway. Im glad the administration at Demimg went ahead and made this move.

 

Is that why every summer he runs the summer camp for K-4 graders????

Workman was only there for his kid. Darius is a senior and his dad would have left after that anyway. Im glad the administration at Demimg went ahead and made this move.

 

First he wasn't there only for his kid but the kids that stuck it out through thick and thin. He was there for the ones who didn't quit on him...

 

And agreeing with SYGU Workman donated his time and money not only running the summer camps but I believe he was the reason this program has stayed afloat this long. Not to mention him pushing for the improvements at the park...

 

And lastly why couldn't they have waited one more year before making this move??? When Deming made this decision they made a decision that will ultimately come back to bite them...

 

Good luck to John Brown this upcoming year and hopefully you have some support from the parents.

The park needed improvements thats for sure. It will look good when they are done with it. I would venture to say that if Workman had remained coach this year there probably wouldnt have been enough kids playing to field a team. jmo

The park needed improvements thats for sure. It will look good when they are done with it. I would venture to say that if Workman had remained coach this year there probably wouldnt have been enough kids playing to field a team. jmo

 

Then they would have went down to the middle school team like every year in the past...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.