Referee Question

Frank329

It is legal.

:laugh: Bald is beautiful, eh ref96?

Tackling by the hair is not illegal. I suppose that a holding (by the hair) foul could possibly occur, and a personal foul for unnecessary roughness could also occur. (Insert giggling referee announcement here). But there are no special provisions for "luxurious, flowing coiffeurs".

I know in the NFL, the hair is considered part of the uniform, but I have never seen it addressed in high school, but I guess it is the same given the above information.

If it is illegal to grab the jersey, line blocking, then it is illegal to grab the hair. If it is legal to grab the jersey, tackling, then it is legal to grab the hair.

If it is illegal to grab the jersey, line blocking, then it is illegal to grab the hair. If it is legal to grab the jersey, tackling, then it is legal to grab the hair.

"If it is illegal to grab the jersey, line blocking, then it is illegal to grab the hair." I agree.

"If it is legal to grab the jersey, tackling, then it is legal to grab the hair." I also agree.

:laugh: Bald is beautiful, eh ref96?

Tackling by the hair is not illegal. I suppose that a holding (by the hair) foul could possibly occur, and a personal foul for unnecessary roughness could also occur. (Insert giggling referee announcement here). But there are no special provisions for "luxurious, flowing coiffeurs".

its great:thumb: