Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy Trade Opinions: Receivers

Featured Replies

Exactly why I'm trying to move 2 of them. Its irritating always having to sit one each week and being wrong half the time.

 

Exactly, you would have your decision made for you each week: Fitz, T.O., Calvin.

  • Author

Alright Moment of Truth. . . . He wants Calvin and Laveranues for T.O.

 

What's the verdict? I still like it

  • Author

Fo Sho Fo Sho

Alright Moment of Truth. . . . He wants Calvin and Laveranues for T.O.

 

What's the verdict? I still like it

 

So, is the initial trade not an option now? I'd probably still make the deal, but I'd prefer to keep Coles of Calvin Johnson and replace one of those guys with Jackson.

 

Honestly, though, this isn't a no-brainer. I'm not as confident in T.O. as I used to be.

 

In his last 10 games, including the playoffs, T.O. is averaging 52 ypg and hasn't cracked 100 yards in any of those games. The upside is he still gets in the end zone (7 TD's in that span). But, there is some cause for concern, IMO. The yards are decreasing and you have to worry if the TD's will follow at some point. Also, with the injury to Romo and the addition of Roy Williams, how does that affect T.O.? I just don't see defenses doubling Roy Williams and letting T.O. go free...it's going to be the other way around. If Romo plays, how effective will he be? If he's out for a month, will Brad Johnson throw it further than 10 yards. If the big play vanishes, how much can T.O. give you?

 

As for Calvin Johnson, the absence of Roy Williams means he's the man. With a young QB, Johnson is going to get a lot of targets and the Lions are likely going to be playing from behind frequently. I think the facts that the team struggles to run the ball, will be playing from behind most games and Johnson will get tons of looks offset any concerns. I wouldn't be surprised if he finished stronger.

 

As for Coles, the Jets seem to have opened the offense up and he's Favre's favorite target. In his last three games, he's averaging 80 yards and he's scored 4 TD's. I think he'll finish strong as well.

 

I just don't know if the difference between these two guys and what T.O. will give you will be significant enough to give the security of having a guy to come in if an injury occurs.

 

And, final food for though...look at their schedules from Weeks 14 through 17 when most fantasy playoffs are going on...

 

Cowboys (Owens) - @ Pittsburgh, NYG, Baltimore, @ Philadelphia

 

Lions (Johnson) - Minnesota, @ Indianapolis, New Orleans, @ Green Bay

 

Jets (Coles) - @ San Francisco, Buffalo, @ Seattle, Miami

I agree with what 5wide said... just remember the Jets are going into possibly the easiest second half of the season of any team in the NFL... Thomas Jones is injury prone, so if he gets banged up like usual I expect to see alot of passing from Favre and guss who his best target is?

I agree with what 5wide said... just remember the Jets are going into possibly the easiest second half of the season of any team in the NFL... Thomas Jones is injury prone, so if he gets banged up like usual I expect to see alot of passing from Favre and guss who his best target is?

 

:thumb:

 

After thinking about it a little more, I think I'd stick with what I had and reject the trade.

 

I have a feeling there isn't going to be a huge difference in these guys for the rest of the year. But, two points made me change my mind...

 

1. The uncertainty at QB for Dallas and how it will affect TO's numbers.

 

2. The difference in opponents down the stretch for these guys.

 

Combine those two and you possibly have TO playing a month or so with Brad Johnson or a less than 100% Tony Romo and then he heads into a closing stretch against some of the top defenses in the NFL. I'd stick with Coles and Johnson...if he'd accept Jackson and Coles or Johnson, then I'd reconsider.

  • Author
:thumb:

 

After thinking about it a little more, I think I'd stick with what I had and reject the trade.

 

I have a feeling there isn't going to be a huge difference in these guys for the rest of the year. But, two points made me change my mind...

 

1. The uncertainty at QB for Dallas and how it will affect TO's numbers.

 

2. The difference in opponents down the stretch for these guys.

 

Combine those two and you possibly have TO playing a month or so with Brad Johnson or a less than 100% Tony Romo and then he heads into a closing stretch against some of the top defenses in the NFL. I'd stick with Coles and Johnson...if he'd accept Jackson and Coles or Johnson, then I'd reconsider.

 

Thank You. The trade still hasn't been accepted and I am very tempted to hit the cancel button. . I think I'll do it just for the simple fact that you spent your time trying to help me, and made very good points. Thank you.:cool:

I'd still take TO, with or without Romo I think he makes plays. You can look at the schedule all you want, but TO is a prime time player, when he plays good teams, he goes off. I don't like his actions, but as a player he's one of the best.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.