Lee County 2008/09

Lee County returns two of the top five players in the 56th district with Brook Bowling and Montana Hobbs. This duo should make Lee a contender in the 56th and also the 14th region All 'A' Classic. Powell will likely be the favorite in the 56th with Lee and Estill challenging them for the top spot. This team very well could be the best team in the 56th by the end of the year.

Lee County returns two of the top five players in the 56th district with Brook Bowling and Montana Hobbs. This duo should make Lee a contender in the 56th and also the 14th region All 'A' Classic. Powell will likely be the favorite in the 56th with Lee and Estill challenging them for the top spot. This team very well could be the best team in the 56th by the end of the year.

I guess Owsley County should cancel their season with the Power houses of Lee, Estill, and Powell in their district.:madman:

I guess Owsley County should cancel their season with the Power houses of Lee, Estill, and Powell in their district.:madman:

Owsley could be decent, but they graduated more talent than any team in the district last year (and struggled). I just think with their returning talent and high quality coaching the district winner will be between Estill and Powell with Lee as a potential darkhorse. Owsley is a longshot.

I think the district will come down to who is the best between Powell County and Owsley County. Owsley will have a better team than they had last year, and maybe the best player in the district in freshman Peyton Wright. If she gives it 100% she could be something special. Good luck to Coach Paul Green and his staff. :thumb: He's proven in the past he knows how to win. 7 years coaching, 2 district titles, and 4 runner-ups in the All A region. He also coached the 2005 Owsley boys team to a district title.

Owsley could be decent, but they graduated more talent than any team in the district last year (and struggled). I just think with their returning talent and high quality coaching the district winner will be between Estill and Powell with Lee as a potential darkhorse. Owsley is a longshot.

Owsley County graduated 2 players from last year's team, Combs and Thacker. Thacker was a part time startrer and Combs was ill for most of her senior season. She was very good player for her career, making all district several times, but sadly her senior season was hampered by medical problems.

The Lady Owls could very well make it back to the regional tournament this year. They will be a better team this season than they were last year.

I think the reason they struggled was because they lost their coach in mid season!!!! This is enough to stress the best of teams, because this happened without warning after they returned from a Holiday Tournament in Florida which they won. Yes, they lost two players from last years team: Kendra Combs and Corina Thacker, but they also have 3 starters returning from last year, including their leading scorer Mika Turner. They also have back the strong leadership of seniors Teri and Sheri Gilbert, Candi Combs, Dannel Marshall, Aleisha Wilson and the freshman Peyton Wright, which is one of the best prospects I have seen. I know they graduated two talented players but they have alot of talent from the group I just mentioned for the 2008-2009 season. Another plus, the return of coach Paul Green. So I guess you still think all of this still makes them a longshot? :irked:

I think the reason they struggled was because they lost their coach in mid season!!!! This is enough to stress the best of teams, because this happened without warning after they returned from a Holiday Tournament in Florida which they won. Yes, they lost two players from last years team: Kendra Combs and Corina Thacker, but they also have 3 starters returning from last year, including their leading scorer Mika Turner. They also have back the strong leadership of seniors Teri and Sheri Gilbert, Candi Combs, Dannel Marshall, Aleisha Wilson and the freshman Peyton Wright, which is one of the best prospects I have seen. I know they graduated two talented players but they have alot of talent from the group I just mentioned for the 2008-2009 season. Another plus, the return of coach Paul Green. So I guess you still think all of this still makes them a longshot? :irked:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is that Owsley does not have the talent returning to compete with the other teams in the district.