NBA Prediction Thread - 2008-09 Season

With the season only about a month away, I thought we could start debating over our thoughts on the upcoming season.

What are some of your predictions on the upcoming NBA season?

Eastern Conference Champ? Cavs LeBron and Company get over the hump and defeat the Boston Celtics to advance to the NBA finals.

Western Conference Champ? Kobe leads the Lakers to another conference title over Chris Paul and the Hornets.

Eastern Conference title contenders? Celtics, Pistons, Cavs, & Magic

Western Conference title contenders? Lakers, Hornets, Mavs, Spurs, Jazz, & Rockets

Who will be the NBA Champ? Lakers defeat LeBron and company to take home the hardware.

NBA MVP? Kobe although Chris Paul is a huge possibility.

NBA ROY? Beasley of course.

Edited by ScarHeel

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eastern Conference Champ-Celtics

Western Conference Champ-Hornets

EC title contenders-Celtics,Cavs,Heat,Magic,Pistons

WC title contenders-Lakers,Hornets,Suns,Spurs,Jazz,Mavs,Rockets

MVP-Chris Paul,Kobe,Lebron,Howard

NBA ROY-Oden,Mayo,Rose,Beasley

Heat definitely have the talent but I still think they are a couple years away from even contending for a conference title. We're talking about a team that went 15-67 last season. That and the fact that they will be adjusting to a new coach (although he was an assistant last season), keeps me from seeing them as a contender.

Heat definitely have the talent but I still think they are a couple years away from even contending for a conference title. We're talking about a team that went 15-67 last season. That and the fact that they will be adjusting to a new coach (although he was an assistant last season), keeps me from seeing them as a contender.

They will make the playoffs this year. Look at what they got. Wade,Beasley,Marion, and a couple of other guys.

They will make the playoffs this year. Look at what they got. Wade,Beasley,Marion, and a couple of other guys.

They could make the playoffs in that weak conference but they will not actually contend for a title. BTW, Beasley is obviously unproven at this stage.

Spurs are getting older...and I don't think they added any good talent. I don't really see them winning it this year to be honest.

Parker and Ginobili are still pretty young, but Duncan is aging...

Believe me the Spurs will be in the Hunt for the West.:thumb:

Duncan and Parker and Manu are a great big 3.:thumb: