October 6, 200818 yr With the season only about a month away, I thought we could start debating over our thoughts on the upcoming season. What are some of your predictions on the upcoming NBA season? Eastern Conference Champ? Cavs LeBron and Company get over the hump and defeat the Boston Celtics to advance to the NBA finals. Western Conference Champ? Kobe leads the Lakers to another conference title over Chris Paul and the Hornets. Eastern Conference title contenders? Celtics, Pistons, Cavs, & Magic Western Conference title contenders? Lakers, Hornets, Mavs, Spurs, Jazz, & Rockets Who will be the NBA Champ? Lakers defeat LeBron and company to take home the hardware. NBA MVP? Kobe although Chris Paul is a huge possibility. NBA ROY? Beasley of course. Edited October 6, 200818 yr by ScarHeel
October 6, 200818 yr Eastern Conference Champ-Celtics Western Conference Champ-Hornets EC title contenders-Celtics,Cavs,Heat,Magic,Pistons WC title contenders-Lakers,Hornets,Suns,Spurs,Jazz,Mavs,Rockets MVP-Chris Paul,Kobe,Lebron,Howard NBA ROY-Oden,Mayo,Rose,Beasley
October 6, 200818 yr Spurs are getting older...and I don't think they added any good talent. I don't really see them winning it this year to be honest. Parker and Ginobili are still pretty young, but Duncan is aging...
October 6, 200818 yr Spurs are getting older...and I don't think they added any good talent. I don't really see them winning it this year to be honest. Parker and Ginobili are still pretty young, but Duncan is aging... Ginobili is hurt, so Spurs might struggle for a bit.
October 6, 200818 yr If Bynum comes back healthy I really don't see any way the Lakers aren't the 1 seed in the West.
October 6, 200818 yr Author Eastern Conference Champ-Celtics Western Conference Champ-Hornets EC title contenders-Celtics,Cavs,Heat,Magic,Pistons WC title contenders-Lakers,Hornets,Suns,Spurs,Jazz,Mavs,Rockets MVP-Chris Paul,Kobe,Lebron,Howard NBA ROY-Oden,Mayo,Rose,Beasley Heat definitely have the talent but I still think they are a couple years away from even contending for a conference title. We're talking about a team that went 15-67 last season. That and the fact that they will be adjusting to a new coach (although he was an assistant last season), keeps me from seeing them as a contender.
October 6, 200818 yr Heat definitely have the talent but I still think they are a couple years away from even contending for a conference title. We're talking about a team that went 15-67 last season. That and the fact that they will be adjusting to a new coach (although he was an assistant last season), keeps me from seeing them as a contender. They will make the playoffs this year. Look at what they got. Wade,Beasley,Marion, and a couple of other guys.
October 6, 200818 yr Author They will make the playoffs this year. Look at what they got. Wade,Beasley,Marion, and a couple of other guys. They could make the playoffs in that weak conference but they will not actually contend for a title. BTW, Beasley is obviously unproven at this stage.
October 6, 200818 yr Spurs are getting older...and I don't think they added any good talent. I don't really see them winning it this year to be honest. Parker and Ginobili are still pretty young, but Duncan is aging... Believe me the Spurs will be in the Hunt for the West.:thumb: Duncan and Parker and Manu are a great big 3.:thumb:
October 6, 200818 yr East= Celtics Contenders: Orlando, Det, Clev, Toronto West=Spurs Contenders: Hornets, Suns, Mav's, Rockets, Jazz, Lakers Champ: C's over Spurs MVP: Lebron ROY: Mayo Edited October 6, 200818 yr by bigblueinsanity
October 6, 200818 yr :thumb: To leave the Lakers out is a joke. Yeah I did forget to type them in Hammertime. They will be the West Champ or in the West Finals.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.