Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middlesboro 28 Clay County 21

Featured Replies

How did they hand this one to Middlesboro??? PLEASE EXPLAIN????

 

It was 21-0 late in the 3rd and our "prevent defense" allowed Lewis to pick us apart , Lewis was only 7-16 for 92 yards in the 1st half , Clay County had a really hard time picking up our blitz which we got away from late in the game..

 

He's probably referring to the 3 or 4 turnovers, not scoring from the 3 yard line at the end of the second quarter, ill timed penalties and allowing the return when Clay had it covered. Clay adjusted their game at halftime and dominated the jackets in the second half. Clay should have kicked the ball where #7 had no chance of getting his hands on it...Out Of Bounds maybe?

I believe those turnovers were forced by Middlesboro's defense, two int and two forced fumbles and two of Clay's scoring drives were able to continue due to penalties on fourth down by Mboro's defense. I think if anything Middlesboro tryed to hand them the game after dominating the first half.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I believe those turnovers were forced by Middlesboro's defense, two int and two forced fumbles and two of Clay's scoring drives were able to continue due to penalties on fourth down by Mboro's defense. I think if anything Middlesboro tryed to hand them the game after dominating the first half.

 

So those two interceptions were perfectly thrown balls and a Jacket made an unbelievably athletic move to intercept them. The two fumbles were perfectly protected by Clay's runners in such a way that only a superb tackle with pinpoint accuracy and timing made by a Jacket would shake them loose. Those jackets are special. You're probably right, Middlesboro tried to hand them the game.

 

Please excuse the sarcasm. It seems we all want to call our own turnovers unforced and the other teams turnovers forced by our defense.

He's probably referring to the 3 or 4 turnovers, not scoring from the 3 yard line at the end of the second quarter, ill timed penalties and allowing the return when Clay had it covered. Clay adjusted their game at halftime and dominated the jackets in the second half. Clay should have kicked the ball where #7 had no chance of getting his hands on it...Out Of Bounds maybe?

 

That's exactly what I was refering to Skinpig. Plus the 3 other times Clay either turns the ball over on downs or turns it over inside of M'boro's 30. Now one can say it was M'boro's defense or lack of execution on Clay's part.

My question is for everbody in Manchester is what are you thinking? Kicking to the best player, Middlesboro is winning with only one person Hunter Adams. I dont know but has to be one of the bonehead plays of the week.

My question is for everbody in Manchester is what are you thinking? Kicking to the best player, Middlesboro is winning with only one person Hunter Adams. I dont know but has to be one of the bonehead plays of the week.

 

P.I. I have to agree with ya. I would have simply kicked the ball out of bounds.

I seen Coach Kenny at McDonalds today asked him the same question and he just replied "Lucky I guess or Stupid."

I would say Corbin's Watkins' 93 and 97 touchdown runs would be play of the night, but I didn't see WYMT there at Campbell Field.

 

Adams should get the play of the week and Watkins the player of the week awards.

 

I don't think Clay Co. meant to kick to Adams, he just went and got it and made another of his many big plays over his career.:thumb:

For anyone who thinks Clay County handed this game to Middlesboro "on a silver platter" Click on the link and watch the football game In it's entirety at....

 

http://www.yellowjackettv.com/clay.html

 

For anyone that thinks I would want to watch the game and waste my time, "no thanks"!

 

If you was at the game you should know yourself that Clay should have scored atleast once in the first half. If not 3 times. But Middlesboro did get the "W" thats all that counts.

  • Author
If you was at the game you should know yourself that Clay should have scored atleast once in the first half. If not 3 times. But Middlesboro did get the "W" thats all that counts.
We should have scored 4 times in the 1st half Instead of 3 because Hunter took the opening kickoff and ran it in for the TD only to be called back by a holding penalty that was 10 yards away from the play that put us back Inside the 15 yard line. Turnover and costly penalties went both ways.
We should have scored 4 times in the 1st half Instead of 3 because Hunter took the opening kickoff and ran it in for the TD only to be called back by a holding penalty that was 10 yards away from the play that put us back Inside the 15 yard line. Turnover and costly penalties went both ways.

 

Too bad that it was just 10 yards away from the play...Had it been 11 yards, (By Rule) it wouldn't have been called.:rolleyes::D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.