BluegrassPreps.com/Kentucky News Network Player of the week!

theguru

From KNN Al:

Hi gang--it's that time of year for the 2008 KNN High School Scoreboard Show.

We'll again be using your nominees for Player Of The Week, and the official rankings will come from BluegrassPreps.com.

We'll be heard on at least 30 stations around Kentucky, with more on the way. I'll post a full station list as soon as it's finalized.

As always, I'd like for all of you to post the stations in your area that air high school games. We'll use reports from those stations in the show as much as possible. If you know the identity of the announcers that's a bonus.

When nominating a Player Of the Week candidate, please include the players name, school, size, (ht/wt), class, (soph/jr/sr) and position. Then give an accurate listing of the stats he posted that week. Carries, yards, etc.

We'll use all the nominees and give them a mention, and then one will be chosen for POW.

Thanks for all the help in advance, and enjoy the season!

Al Mayo

KNN Scoreboard Show

I can't find stats yet. But 1A Raceland's Robbie Logan (6'4", 260lbs, Sr, OL/DL) had three sacks against 4A Greenup County, in the first quarter for a combined loss of 24 yds. He also picked up a blocked punt and returned it 25 yds for a TD. That is the only stats I am for sure on, but I would estimate that he had around 6 solo tackles and about another 5-7 assists.

Robbie was the difference in this game in the first quarter, Greenup was in the red zone in their first drive and Robbie came up with back-to-back sacks to move them out of FG range and forced them to turn the ball over on downs. A tremendous effort on the OL/DL.

I'm going to nominate Highlands Senior running back Clint "the sprint" Crawford. On returning from a brief hiatus with a sprained shoulder, Clint toted the ball 12 times for 172 yards and 2 touchdowns in a Highlands 48-21 win over Hopkinsville. Paving the way for many of his runs is fellow Bluebird Senior, Nick Martin.

Steven Duckworth, SR, QB, Woodford County, 5'10", 170 lbs, 40 of 49 passing, 416yds, 4 TDs to 4 different receivers, 1 rushing TD vs. Franklin County. The team tied a KHSAA state record for completions in a single game......worth consideration.

I can't find stats yet. But 1A Raceland's Robbie Logan (6'4", 260lbs, Sr, OL/DL) had three sacks against 4A Greenup County, in the first quarter for a combined loss of 24 yds. He also picked up a blocked punt and returned it 25 yds for a TD. That is the only stats I am for sure on, but I would estimate that he had around 6 solo tackles and about another 5-7 assists.

Robbie was the difference in this game in the first quarter, Greenup was in the red zone in their first drive and Robbie came up with back-to-back sacks to move them out of FG range and forced them to turn the ball over on downs. A tremendous effort on the OL/DL.

Stats have been posted on KHSAA, Robbie is credited with 6 solo tackles, 1 assist, three sacks, and one fumble recovery returned 25 yds for a TD.

Racelad's Tyler Boyles was 5 for 8 passing against Greenup County. 3 of his 5 completions were for touchdowns. With a total of 180 yards passing. He had 1 rush for 12 yards. He also had 1 interception returned 65 yards for a touchdown. 9 solo tackles and 8 assists.

Racelad's Tyler Boyles was 5 for 8 passing against Greenup County. 3 of his 5 completions were for touchdowns. With a total of 180 yards passing. He had 1 rush for 12 yards. He also had 1 interception returned 65 yards for a touchdown. 9 solo tackles and 8 assists.

:thumb: Boyles is a very good athlete and a very intelligent qb. He makes good decisions and is a great example of a team leader for this years Rams.

For the first time, and hopefully not the last, our player of the week is an interior lineman.

Our KNN Scoreboard Show/BGP.com Player Of the Week is Raceland senior Robbie Logan. Robbie is a 6'4", 260lb OL/DL. He had three sacks against 4A Greenup County, in the first quarter for a combined loss of 24 yds. He also picked up a blocked punt and returned it 25 yds for a TD. Robbie is also credited with 6 solo tackles, 1 assist.

For the first time, and hopefully not the last, our player of the week is an interior lineman.

Our KNN Scoreboard Show/BGP.com Player Of the Week is Raceland senior Robbie Logan. Robbie is a 6'4", 260lb OL/DL. He had three sacks against 4A Greenup County, in the first quarter for a combined loss of 24 yds. He also picked up a blocked punt and returned it 25 yds for a TD. Robbie is also credited with 6 solo tackles, 1 assist.

OUTSTANDING!!!:thumb::banana::dancingpa:ylsuper::D:cool:...but did he sell popcorn at halftime???