Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HS Golf $$$...

Featured Replies

How does your school help fund HS Golf (boys and/or girls)? I am kind of new to HS golf with my son in his 2nd year, but it seems to me that golf receives very little funding from Athletic Departments.

From what I understand, golf is on the bottom of the totem pole in many schools. I'm sure there is some sort of formula that schools use to figure out how much each sport receives. I'm guessing it's based on participation and revenue.

Fundraising, fundraising, fundraising and more fundraising! With the cost of travel being so high and things like that, it's hard to fund a non revenue sport through the school. So each team has to do what they can do to raise their own money for the things that they want! Some schools are different and fund everything, but there are not very many of those around anymore. And if you are lucky enough to make it to the state tourney or have an individual make it, it still would cost over $1,000 for the 3 days and that really makes it hard when you have no help!

I'm sure some schools golf teams ( and other sports as well) are privately funded

  • Author

We stepped up our fundraising, but as I watch construction projects worth hundreds of thousands spent on other sports, I am wondering why the minor sports can't get a bone tossed to them.

I feel exactly the same way... all these new football fields with turf and new baseball complexes, blah blah blah, would be nice to get a little something for these kids that put in their time too.

One good golf scramble fund raiser per year should be enough to fund most programs. Usually around $3,000 can be raised with one of these events. That's what we raised this year. Plus our school helps out as well.

We pay $35 for "something" then pay for our own shirts, tournaments, travel, etc. School has provided for kids' meals at state. We finally started a small fundraiser but really need more (like a scramble).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.