HOUSE FAILS TO PASS MORTGAGE BAILOUT PLAN

Royal Uncle

It makes me very nervous to hear the commentators throwing around words like catastrophe, disaster, collapse and depression. Churchill was right about the terrible effects of fear. A thing like this can just feed on itself.

Very true. More people need to recognize this

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me very nervous to hear the commentators throwing around words like catastrophe, disaster, collapse and depression. Churchill was right about the terrible effects of fear. A thing like this can just feed on itself.

Personally I prefer "Economic Armageddon". I just prefer the biblical reference I suppose. Behold the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse; House, Senate, Greed, and Nancy Pelosi

And history showed that people that bought stocks during these times did pretty well. I think a deal will get done and it will settle the psychology of the market. If there is one thing I have learned in economics, markets hate uncertainty, and as long as uncertainty exists stocks will go down without regard for the fundamentals.