Prayers needed for plane crash survivors

MsKitty

Thanks so much for all of the thoughts and prayers. This has been a scary and stressful time for all of us. Both of Scott's surgeries went well. He had surgery to repair his back on Wednesday, and things were looking good. However, after the surgery, his oxygen levels kept dropping. They found a blood clot in his lung, and ended up admitting him to ICU. They had to put him on a blood thinner, which is very dangerous having just had the surgery on his spine. Any bleeding around the spinal cord could be disaster and potentially cause paralysis. Fortunately, there were no further complications. He was able to move back to a regular room yesterday afternoon. He did finally eat yesterday too. He seems to be getting a little bit of strength back, but he is still in extreme pain. He has a long road to recovery.

I finally went home and had a full night's rest last night. Up to this point, I had only came home for a few hours at a time to get a shower. All of my time this week has been spent at the hospital, sleeping in a chair or on a small fold-out sofa. My parents have not been home since Sunday. They are exhausted. They finally decided to get a room close to the hospital and have been able to get a little rest. We know that the three of us need to stay strong for Scott. We are a very close family and want to have someone there with him all the time.

On a good note, Dwayne went home from the hospital on Thursday. He seems to be doing okay physically....just sore. Mentally, however, he is struggling a bit. I know that he was having nightmares in the hospital. He went through a very scary ordeal, and may take some time for him to get past it.

Thanks again for all of the nice comments. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. God has answered many, and we are very thankful.

Prayers Kitty.

Heard that is was some smart and quick decision making on their part.

We have been told by all of his pilot friends at the airport and the FAA, that Scott did everything right. He did exactly what he was supposed to do by getting his passenger out first and making sure that the plane did not fly into any houses or congested areas. People have been calling him a hero, and Dwayne feels like he wouldn't be here if it weren't for Scott. We are very proud of him.