Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ummmmm, He Said "Hell," I'm Telling

Featured Replies

So then you would concede, then, that Newsweek has taken a perfectly legitimate and privately-held religious belief, and has put it in bold print at the top of the article in order to spread fear and sway some people's votes?

 

I've never claimed to know their intentions.

  • Author
I've never claimed to know their intentions.

 

Make an educated guess, a surmise. You sure do a lot of intention-guessing with news articles in the other threads.

Make an educated guess, a surmise. You sure do a lot of intention-guessing with news articles in the other threads.

 

I have provided my opinions in other threads. If I've guessed anyone's intentions it's only an opinion.

 

I do not know what Newsday's intentions were with this article.

The senior pastor of that church, in sermons that circulated online before they were taken down last week, preaches hell for anyone who isn't saved by Jesus. America does not know enough yet about what Palin personally believes, but her church background—she now worships at a nondenominational Bible church—puts her squarely in the tradition of the old-school religious right.

 

If this is the battle ground the left wants to pursue, I can't wait.

 

Good points. But, I wonder why Rick Warren, pastor of the megachurch, Saddleback, in California, didn't receive such attacks and criticism from the media when he hosted the presidential debate in a so-called civil forum last month. Some publications describe Saddleback also as a nondenominational, evangelical church because its attendees are from various faiths and backgrounds. I just wondered why Palin's nondenominational, Bible church was held to such scrutiny, while Warren's was not.

I don't understand why Christians should be expected to water down the Gospel in order to appeal to voters who may not share their specific beliefs. If that's who Palin is, so be it... be who you are. Let the chips fall where they may. How refreshing it would be to have a politician willing to look us in the eye and say, this is who I am and this is what I believe... whether they're Evengelical Christians, Mormon, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Agnostic, Atheist or otherwise.

 

We're all tired of politicians recreating themselves and pandering just to gain votes.

 

 

AMEN! I respect a person much more (whether I agree with them or not) if they are just straight forward about who they are, what they believe, etc. and don't change just because the political landscape is moving in another direction.

I don't understand why Christians should be expected to water down the Gospel in order to appeal to voters who may not share their specific beliefs. If that's who Palin is, so be it... be who you are. Let the chips fall where they may. How refreshing it would be to have a politician willing to look us in the eye and say, this is who I am and this is what I believe... whether they're Evengelical Christians, Mormon, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Agnostic, Atheist or otherwise.

 

We're all tired of politicians recreating themselves and pandering just to gain votes.

This is coming from an Atheist (sorry FB) and I agree with him. I don't think she should have to change who she is to run for office. If I ever ran for office I wouldn't skirt the issue (probably wouldn't get elected in KY though). As an atheist I'm cool with voting for a Christian or any other religion for that matter. My only problem with religion in politics is when it is used to invade my privacy and what I believe is my right to have the government as far removed from my life as possible.
This is coming from an Atheist (sorry FB) and I agree with him. I don't think she should have to change who she is to run for office. If I ever ran for office I wouldn't skirt the issue (probably wouldn't get elected in KY though). As an atheist I'm cool with voting for a Christian or any other religion for that matter. My only problem with religion in politics is when it is used to invade my privacy and what I believe is my right to have the government as far removed from my life as possible.
I love you Brother. I'm saving a seat for you any Sunday you might grace us with your company. ;) :thumb:

 

Not only do we agree on the absurdity of politicians changing their public bio to appeal to more voters, I can't agree strongly enough with your desire to have less government intrusion in our lives.

 

May I be allowed a hearty AMEN? :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.