Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Cubs (Week 22)

Featured Replies

I can step away from the ledge, at least for a couple days, Cubs bounce back to take 2 of 3 from the Nats. Cubs now embark on a "brutal" 3 game road trip to Pittsburgh before returning home for a 7 game homestand. 4 of those against the Phillies, 3 against the Astros. After that 7 game homestand, the REAL fun begins. But for now, things are looking good. BRING ON THE BUCKOS! :ylsuper:

untitled3.JPG

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Brewers win their game in 12 innings against the Pirates and the Cardinals won.

 

So the lead is 4 and half for the Cubs over Milwaukee and 8 games over the Cardinals.

  • Author

Lilly pitches 7 strong innings for his 13th win. Fukodome goes 3/4 with 4 RBI and Edmonds goes 3/5 with one RBI and 2 runs scored.

 

Great to see those guys break out a little bit after struggling, Cubs offense seemed to be stuck in the mud most of the homestand. They broke out tonight winning 12-3. Got Big Z on the mound tomorrow. :ylsuper:

Hopefully Lou's meeting with Fukodome will get him swinging again, he's crowding the plate too much and cant get good extension now that pitchers are pitching him inside

  • Author
Hopefully Lou's meeting with Fukodome will get him swinging again, he's crowding the plate too much and cant get good extension now that pitchers are pitching him inside

 

I got the MLB.com online package today, just to see how the last month of the season unfolds.

 

It was fun listening to the FSN Pittsburgh announcers, they mentioned the same little details regarding Fukodome's swing. The few innings I listened to the game they managed to not bring up their 70's World Series team or the great BVB teams they had in the early 90's. Shocking, but they actually just called the action on the field. :scared:

 

:lol:

The Cubs have some patient hitters. This 8th inning is crazy...

I'm telling ya, and little Babe Ruth just pulled one for a nice double....Did you see that stat that they have scored 5 runs in an inning 24 times this year? That's crazy

Geo is having a career game tonight!

 

Too bad Z didn't...I'm really worried about him. Something is definitely off and it is almost September!:scared:

Too bad Z didn't...I'm really worried about him. Something is definitely off and it is almost September!:scared:

 

It's mental, he's like all over the place, taking no time between pitches, when he does that, he's sporadic

Zambrano seems to hit a spell like this every year, he wil regroup

  • Author
Zambrano seems to hit a spell like this every year, he wil regroup

 

Yep, I would rather him get it out of his system now and be ready for the tough schedule next month.

 

I was thinking someone might post here considering how wild this game was, especially that 8th inning, speaking of which.

untitled.JPG

  • Author

Brewers score a touchdown of their own in the 9th to beat up on the Cards. While we still have a month to go and a lot of baseball to be played, you have to think that if the Cards lose again tomorrow, their Wild Card hopes just might be out the window.

 

Cubs and Brewers just aren't losing very much right now.

I just want to take a moment to say just how great this season has been. I've endured lousy Cub team after lousy Cub team for 22 years, with the occasional decent team which some how found a way to lose. I can't count how many times I've sworn off the Cubs, thrown my Cubs hat in the trash, only to retrieve it an hour later. This has truly been the most fun I've ever had being a Cub fan, and with young talent like Soto, Theriot, Fontenot, Big Z and Rich Harden, Marmol to the Shark, with some great veterans with a few years left in the tank, and the possible future owner of Cuban, I can't help but think we are entering a new era where we aren't door mats or "lovable losers". I truly believe this is the year the Cubs will do it all and I long for the day that I don't have to hear some obnoxious Card fan say "1908."

 

So here's to the rest of the season! Go get em Cubs!:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.