Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County/East Carter Scrimmage

Featured Replies

I was able to watch this one today, here are my thoughts even though it's very early.

Lawrence County looked like they came to play early, both teams were fired up.Lawrence ran the ball very well on a few dive plays, sweeps and quarterback bootlegs.

They did pass the ball with some effectivness, Chandler did throw for a 40 yd td pass to Blake Bradley

 

I think overall tds were

Lawrence(3 or 4)

East carter 0

 

I had to leave early to get back to work, but I talked to someone who said both freshmen teams looked really good

 

Also, Lawrence seems to be loaded with some running backs

#20 is a beast more of a power back

then they have 2 or 3 fast backs who showed some of their talent

Also, the quarterback for LC Chandler Shepherd had some really nice hard runs, overall good scrimmage for Lc.

  • Author

Did anyone go watch this game, or has anyone heard how this one turned out?

From what I gathered LC controlled the scrimmage winning somewhere around 5TD to 0. The Shpehard kid from all indications looked very good passing and running.

  • Author

Yeah that is true, I got to watch the scrimmage for half an hour, and the bulldogs looked really good running the ball. the qb for Lawrence throws a very nice ball, and shows good arm strength. If I'm not mistaken, there are alot of new faces out there that make this team alot better then last year. The big runnig back Shane Pack looked really good had some nice holes up the middle, and also some nice sweep plays. Overall, I was very pleased with the scrimmage for the Bulldogs. Does anyone else have anything to say about this one?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

You do have to realize too that this was East Carter. We are from my understanding pretty down this year. I hate to say this but we are. We lost a great deal last year.

  • Author

East Carter had alot of kids out there, I don't know the exact number but there was quite a bit of them. They played hard too, had some athletic kids on that team.

I hope they are alot better, because they seem intent on keeping that same tough schedule.If they want to build the program back up,I think they might need to ease up on the schedule. It's very hard to get your system into the teams heads when you keep them playing teams that you can't seem to get more than a few yards on.I don't mean play an easy schedule,but don't have all nondistrict games against top 5 or top 10 teams,like Russell,Belfry,Sheldon Clark,Breathitt County,and Prestonsburg.I want Lawrence County back up too,I just think they need to play some more winable games like Pike County Central or Fairview,good competition that you can work with.I'm saying these are examples of two good teams you may beat or not,but you can make strides with.I also am not trying to take away from Pike Central or Fairview,as I said good teams,but beatable,Belfry is not beatable by anyone in Lawence County's district,I saw them Friday and I feel for those on their schedule.

I was able to watch this one today, here are my thoughts even though it's very early.

Lawrence County looked like they came to play early, both teams were fired up.Lawrence ran the ball very well on a few dive plays, sweeps and quarterback bootlegs.

They did pass the ball with some effectivness, Chandler did throw for a 40 yd td pass to Blake Bradley

 

I think overall tds were

Lawrence(3 or 4)

East carter 0

 

I had to leave early to get back to work, but I talked to someone who said both freshmen teams looked really good

 

Also, Lawrence seems to be loaded with some running backs

#20 is a beast more of a power back

then they have 2 or 3 fast backs who showed some of their talent

Also, the quarterback for LC Chandler Shepherd had some really nice hard runs, overall good scrimmage for Lc.

 

Did not see the Fitchpatrick kid, or that big Montgomery kid play, are they hurt?

Did not see the Fitchpatrick kid, or that big Montgomery kid play, are they hurt?

 

I understand that Mark Fitzpatrick came out, took some time off due to a family illness, came back and then quit.

William Montgomery is out for a medical problem until further testing is completed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.