Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Warren Central/Fort Campbell Scrimmage

Featured Replies

Overall Fort Campbell’s varsity looked pretty good. During the first iteration Fort Campbell scored twice and had two interceptions and Warren Central did not score. During the actual game scenario iteration Fort Campbell’s varsity offense scored 4 times and their varsity defense did not give up a score. Fort Campbell’s JV defense gave up 3 scores and recovered a fumble for a score. Altogether it was FC 7 WC 3.

 

After the two interceptions during the first iteration FCs QB (Andrews) seemed to settle into the offense and looked pretty good completing 4 TDs. Two additional rushing TDs were scored by #23 (Powell??). FCs leading rusher from last year, Turner, did not play. The varsity defense looked good, especially the LBs and DL. The JV offense/defense did not look too good giving up three scores and fumbling three times, but part of that might have been against WCs varsity, I know the starting QB was in for two of them. Both of WCs QBs looked pretty good. I don’t think either gave up an interception and their second (JV?) QB scored a rushing TD.

 

The two main weak points for FC that I saw was the secondary on defense and turnovers on offense, but considering this was Andrews first real varsity experience I think they did really well.

Thanks for the summary FC.

I think Andrews will be just fine at QB for the Falcons. I think they are a solid preseason pick for #1.

Look for Ft Campbell to be loaded this year...WC will get better as some of there young kids get a little more experience...

Can someone summarize WC's strengths and weaknesses?

If you were judging by the scrimmage, you'd come away with the impression that Central has no strengths.

 

In all seriousness, I saw SOME things that I liked. WC appears to be more willing to run with the QB this year, which I like to open the passing game a little bit more, at least if they can find a way to protect him. I think the WRs look fine, I don't recall any drops.

 

Offensive and defensive lines looked bad. They couldn't pass protect or run block very well on first string. Linebackers may be a weakness this year as they're all pretty young. The secondary looks as bad as ever.

How do you think that Central will do against their season opener verse Boyle?

Edited by STRIKE3

I don't know anything about Boyle this year, but I certainly feel Central has to improve in a lot of areas to make it a game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.