Beechwood Soccer Update

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You care about this issue.

Could care less!!

According to the paper they had that many girls in high school playing and about that same amount playing in middle school.

Either missed quoted or misread article. You are saying they have 18 HS players and 18 middle school players?? I think they are saying there is 18 players, period!

UNC-5 read my last post: there are 18 girls from grades 9 - 12 on the JV roster. I've seen the roster and I've seen the girls practicing. I have no idea how many middle school girls play, because they are not playing with or practicing with the high school girls.

Lots of girls in the pipeline, too. I saw the 5th and 6th grade rec teams practicing at Ft. Mitchell Park today. I won't try to guess how many were there, but there were enough girls to form 2 rec teams entirely of Beechwood girls.

I think that you will see boys track before boys soccer.

Last time there the survey was done ... it was at the top of the list (by far).

As far as Coach Rash goes ... his motives really can't be questioned. He has consistently made time to be at every event possible regardless of sport, age, gender, etc.

He is a Beechwood supporter through and through ... without question.

Really surprizing they have not added both, along with girl's soccer and track before? Virtually all similar sized schools in the area offer them all?

Just curious, how many of the 18 girls are upper classman (9-12)? Is the field at the park regulation size? By looking at it, seems to be small.

I guess boys soccer will come next yr?? While they are at it, they might as well add wrestling for the boys and because of title IX add field hockey for the girls.

:confused:Why aren't they playing on the All Purpose Facility that sits behind the school? It isn't just for football now

is it?

:confused:Why aren't they playing on the All Purpose Facility that sits behind the school? It isn't just for football now

is it?

Don't have an answer. I was told that the football field was not wide enough nor long enough when all this started and everyone made fun of me. I don't know the dimensions for the soccer field.

Maybe if Beechwood would re-pay the loan for the field they could do whatever they wanted to w/it, like paint soccer stripes on it. Until then, the person who paid for it may be saying NO WAY, this is just a guess.

When all this started the soccer people agreed to play their games at the park and also agreed to put up the money for any upgrades needed for the field.

Don't have an answer. I was told that the football field was not wide enough nor long enough when all this started and everyone made fun of me. I don't know the dimensions for the soccer field.

Maybe if Beechwood would re-pay the loan for the field they could do whatever they wanted to w/it, like paint soccer stripes on it. Until then, the person who paid for it may be saying NO WAY, this is just a guess.

When all this started the soccer people agreed to play their games at the park and also agreed to put up the money for any upgrades needed for the field.

I think a soccer field is 110 yds long and a little wider than a football field? They play soccer on Newport's new "turf field"?

Here are the dimensions for High School soccer fields .http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061017144722AAz9KPv

so you see that Beechwood's field has to be sufficient . Probably they will have the lines painted on in the future , maybe after they have a varsity team ?

My guess it is big enough to use as a soccer field, but my guess is also, that the powers to be don't want to give up one second of the use of the field to anything but football. We will see, but if that field can't be used for soccer, I think you will see the Beechwood parents do what the parents of the Boone County girls fast pitch softball team did and that was to sue under title IX. Much cheaper for Beechwood to just allow the girls to use the football field just for a couple of games a year, than having to build a complete turf field for soccer! What you do for one, you have to do for all!

My guess it is big enough to use as a soccer field, but my guess is also, that the powers to be don't want to give up one second of the use of the field to anything but football. We will see, but if that field can't be used for soccer, I think you will see the Beechwood parents do what the parents of the Boone County girls fast pitch softball team did and that was to sue under title IX. Much cheaper for Beechwood to just allow the girls to use the football field just for a couple of games a year, than having to build a complete turf field for soccer! What you do for one, you have to do for all!

:thumb:Well said. I'm sure the KHSAA would not approve of them not being able to play on the football field. The argument that the field isn't big enough has grown old and it really makes the people making such suggestions look rather ridiculous IMO.