Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the KHSAA be concerned about players' weight?

Featured Replies

This is probably a discussion for Politics/Religion board but I just want to throw out a comment on school lunches.

 

Although not without faults, Belfry's breakfast/lunch program was not bad. In fact, sadly, I think for an substantial number of public school students - school lunch represents the best/most balance meal of the day.

 

At least at Belfry. God I used to love Pinto Bean/Kraut and weenies/cornbread - with cherry cobbler day.

Our coach has a weigh-in chart and requires that each player weigh in before and after practice and record how much weight was lost during the practice. If the player lost more than a certain % they are not allowed to practice again until 1) they regain the weight or 2) the reason for loss is determined. This system is used by many colleges to protect football players during the early practices. It has worked well for us and we've held a few players out of practice for a day or two.

I agree.

 

Has anyone out there ever seen a kid fail a sports physical? I have never heard of it happening.

 

Too true. There are too many "doc in a box" outfits that collect your $25 and sign the paper.

This is probably a discussion for Politics/Religion board but I just want to throw out a comment on school lunches.

 

Although not without faults, Belfry's breakfast/lunch program was not bad. In fact, sadly, I think for an substantial number of public school students - school lunch represents the best/most balance meal of the day.

 

At least at Belfry. God I used to love Pinto Bean/Kraut and weenies/cornbread - with cherry cobbler day.

 

I am pretty sure that school nutrition programs are designed to sustain students through the remainder of the day in case they are not provided a proper meal for dinner--which I fear is an all too common occurrence for many students. Just something for people to keep in mind when considering the calorie content of school meals. I also agree that school meals are very well balanced. Now whether the students actually eat their fruits and vegetables is an entirely different matter.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.