Re: BGP 5A Preview - Lincoln County

LCCheer

Lincoln County (11-3)

Head coach: Mike Settles

2007: Lost to Highlands 49-21 in the state semifinals

Edwards' move under center leaves little experience at running back. The top returnee there is junior Skyler Gilbert (6-0, 185), who played only a supporting role last year. He'll likely run with junior Julian Calhoun (5-10, 160), a cousin of 2006 star Trent Calhoun. The receiving corps includes senior tight end Rob Conatser (6-1, 180), and senior Wes Camel (5-9, 165) and newcomer Cody Wills at wide receiver.

This is a great preview, but I just wanted to make a couple of corrections FYI! Skyler Gilbert is a senior, and Julian Calhoun is the younger brother of WKU sophomore Trent Calhoun.

I look forward to this season and hope we can keep Coach Settles for a long time! GO PATS! And thanks BGP for the 5A preview - finally!:thumb:

5A Preview

Edited by Ram
Copyright

Skyler Gilbert might be considered to have played only a "supporting role" last year, but as the season went on he really became a key on last year's team. I suspect he will have a big season for the Pats this time around.

The strengths for the Pats should be the line play. Many returning starters there. I would think Spicer would be the most talented back coming back, unless he is not playing this year. He would have the most experience.