Raceland 2008/2009

• 2 weeks later...

They have Boyles coming back along with Cody Barker who played alot last year. I was told that there is some players coming back to play that has not played in a couple of years also. Hope so this is team does not have alot of players that has seen varsity time and it will need some help until everybody gets into the flow.

They looked good in a couple games I saw, they beat Rose Hill an Boyd County, but they looked just as bad in some others. This year is all about Boyles and Barker both looked very impressive. They need that 3rd option and right now no one has stepped up.

They looked good in a couple games I saw, they beat Rose Hill an Boyd County, but they looked just as bad in some others. This year is all about Boyles and Barker both looked very impressive. They need that 3rd option and right now no one has stepped up.

That 3rd option may be an underclassman???

• 4 months later...
Has Raceland ever won a regional tournament game on the boys side?

Not recently, but I'll have to check on the specifics. If you were referring to my opening comments, I just meant they are competing and beating teams throughout the region. The next step obviously, is to compete for a regional title.

Raceland will be very young especially early on with the football players not expected out for awhile, but once they get out they will count on Tyler Boyles and Cody Barker to carry the scoring load and some of the other football players to chip in. Right now Cody Risner has the size at 6'5 but not the toughness to play with the big boys maybe it will come with age maybe not, the future looks bright for Raceland maybe as early as February

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the scrimmage at Portsmouth West monday to watch them play and the young guys played well against their varsity. Barker hurt his knee(bruised it) early in the second game and had to set out the last two but risner stepped up and picked up the slack with scoring, but could have rebounded better. Darius Jackson, Chase Meade, Matthew Bonzo, and Jordan Davis provided good gaurd support also. The young Rams are looking good until our football players return.:banana: