2008 Breathitt County

Breathitt will have one of the best overall players in Class 3A rturning in JR Channing Fugate. The Bobcats return a host of talent from last year's state semi-finalist squad who went undefeated until their 64-28 bombing at the hand sof Belfry.

Breathitt will easily be one of the Top 5 teams in the state in 3A, but in order to overcome Belfry in the East they will definately have to be deeper and stronger up front in the trenches.

Breathitt is gonna have to have become bigger and meaner in the trinches. The line on both sides of the ball needed to get another year under their belt before they really challenged for the state title. Breathitt also needs to just give the ball to Channing. He is the workhorse of that team and I expect to see his name as an all stater.

I was surprised with Breathitt's numbers last season. Seemed the Bobcats only had 35-45 players, alot less than they used to dress. Did numbers seem to be up for spring practice?

From what I looked, it seemed like they had a few more, but not many more.

Has anyone been able to check out Breathitt's passing attack this year. Jade should do a good job filling in at that position. Also, when could someone check out some of their passing schrimages? I would love to go down and see how they look. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Breathitt will have one of the best overall players in Class 3A rturning in JR Channing Fugate. The Bobcats return a host of talent from last year's state semi-finalist squad who went undefeated until their 64-28 bombing at the hand sof Belfry.

Breathitt will easily be one of the Top 5 teams in the state in 3A, but in order to overcome Belfry in the East they will definately have to be deeper and stronger up front in the trenches.

Do not forget about the Bears and Estill Co. That District is going to be fun to watch.:thumb:

Still would like to know if anyone has any information an Breathitt's passing schrimages and maybe their practices. I would love to get down there and check them out. Anything would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was down at Mike Holcomb field yesterday and seen a pleasant surprise. Breathitt had 2 new players that will definatley give them a boost on offense and defense. Nick Noble has decided to play this year for the bobcats and also Dakota Ritchie. These two players are tremendous athletes and can play multiple positions. I also had a chance to see Haddix in action. This kid has all the makings to be a special player. I think that he adds a few more options to their passing game in that he has a much stronger arm that can stretch the field and is one of the fatsest players on the field. Everyone probably remembers how his brother could kill you passing and running. Last, but not least you have to talk about Channing Fugate. This kid is around 6'2 or 6'3 and can run through or around you. He is benching over 320 and has really bulked up. He has all the making to be the best bcak that Breathitt has ever had. I really think that this Breathitt team will be much better barring any key injuries than they where last year. They have the ability to be explosive on offense and should be even better on defense.