Harrison County 4 GRC 3 (9 innings)

Harrison was EXTREMELY lucky to win this game. Potential 3rd strike in the 7th on one of their hitters called a ball and kid then delivers a hit and scores the 2nd and 3rd runs. Harrison also benefits from an error in the bottom of the 7th. If the play is made and the correct third strike is called, Clark wins 3-1.

I was listening on the radio and the Harrison announcer even said it was a strike all night long.Next pitch is a hit.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I was listening on the radio and the Harrison announcer even said it was a strike all night long.Next pitch is a hit.

Have you ever been to a ballgame where there was just 1 pitch the entire gane that was called a ball that could have been called a strike? I doubt it! I did not see the game, but I would say that several pitches for both teams could have went the other way.

Have you ever been to a ballgame where there was just 1 pitch the entire gane that was called a ball that could have been called a strike? I doubt it! I did not see the game, but I would say that several pitches for both teams could have went the other way.

The missed third strike was HUGE but at the Hilltop you know the umps aren't going to call that big one against Mac. It had been a strike all day long and indeed it was a strike. Two outs and a runner on first is a lot different than 1 out and runners on 2nd and third. Harrison took advantage of the missed call though and made the plays to win after that.

Article from the paper today:

Cards fall to Thorobreds in 9 innings

By keith Taylor/Sun Sports Editor

CYNTHIANA — Finishing a suspended game isn’t an easy task.

It wasn’t a big deal for the George Rogers Clark High School baseball team on Wednesday.

The Cardinals took Harrison County to extra innings before dropping a 4-3 decision to the Thorobreds in nine innings at Hilltop Field. The contest resumed in the bottom of the third after the contest was rained out Tuesday.

“It’s not easy to come back and resume the game on the next day,” Clark coach Larry Allison said. “We had no problem doing that. I was really was pleased.”

Harrison (31-5) advances to the semifinals and will take on Campbell County in the second game of a doubleheader tonight. The Camels (19-8) defeated Maysville St. Patrick 13-3 in the second of two games played Wednesday night.

Nicholas County and Scott High will meet in the first semifinal at 5:30 p.m., followed by Harrison and Campbell County at 7:45 p.m.

Link to rest of the story:

Harrison Co Wins