• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CovCath too much hitting and pitching for St. Henry this year

Dixie if they pitch Nichols as he is so good, Highlands if they don't

Lloyd just a gut feeling, as there always seems to be a upset in the Ninth

Beechwood if they start Elliott as he is so good, Boone if they don't

IF EVERYONE THROWS THEIR ACE.

St.Henry beats CCH - if the kid that threw against Conner has the same game on Monday, St Henry wins. Face it, Conner was a much better hitting team then CCH and he shut them down.

Dixie beats Highlands with Nicholes. Towels didn't look so good last time I saw him.

NCC beats Lloyd with Conner on the hill.

Beechwood beats Boone with Elliott on the mound. I think Boone is the hottest hitting team in the tournament....but they haven't seen a lot of pitchers like Elliott this year.

TUESDAY

Dixie takes St. Henry who will be out of pitching.

Beechwood beats NCC

WEDNESDAY

Beechwood beats Dixie iin the Regional final.

St.Henry beats CCH - if the kid that threw against Conner has the same game on Monday, St Henry wins. Face it, Conner was a much better hitting team then CCH and he shut them down.

Dixie beats Highlands with Nicholes. Towels didn't look so good last time I saw him.

Beechwood beats Boone with Elliott on the mound. I think Boone is the hottest hitting team in the tournament....but they haven't seen a lot of pitchers like Elliott this year.

TUESDAY

Beechwood beats NCC

WEDNESDAY

I think you've gotten a little dilusional after seeing your ryle boys go down in the districts DD.:laugh:

TUESDAY

Beechwood beats NCC

WEDNESDAY

If Towles threw a no hitter his last time out you would be critical. What is it with this kid from Highlands that causes you to bash him so much? Please come watch him pitch on Monday and give us a full report.

Edited by tjacobs
Grammer

If Towles threw a no hitter his last time out you would be critical. What is it with this kid from Highlands that causes you to bash him so much? Please come watch him pitch on Monday and give us a full report.

DD seems to have a problem with players who don't suit up for the Raiders. Unfortunately for him, that's everyone still playing.

While I am not one to defend DD very often, I will say that if Matt Nichols pitches for Dixie and Towles pitches for HHS, I look for Dixie to win. Matt is the best pitcher in the Ninth and I say that with all certainty! No offense to Cody Elliott of Beechwood, Thomas Towles of HHS, or even Nutini/Isler of CovCath or anyone else in the Ninth for that matter, but Matt is hands down the best pitcher in the Ninth Region. Now after saying that, Dixie could still lose to HHS as they don't have much of a hitting team, but with Matt, all they need is one or two.... If both go tommorrow against each other, it will be a very good game to watch...

BTW, I haven't commented on Ryle being knocked out of the tournament at all, as the majority of the Ryle fans are good people and I take no pleasure in seeing friends being hurt by their teams losing. I will say this however, myself and others told DD that the young JV Ryle Raiders who moved up to the varsity team this year, would learn that it is a big jump from JV to Varsity. The 09 season will be kinder to them!

Edited by Theoldguy

Dixie/HHS match up w/Nichols and Towles should be the best game tomorrow. CCH wins no matter who St Henry throws. NCC wins by a couple runs and the night caper will be a dandy if Elliott does not throw but BHS will still find a way to win.

So, CCH/Dixie and NCC/BHS in the semi's. CCH/BHS in the finals w/BHS winning because Elliott will throw in the final, a little bird told me so.

Dixie/HHS match up w/Nichols and Towles should be the best game tomorrow. CCH wins no matter who St Henry throws. NCC wins by a couple runs and the night caper will be a dandy if Elliott does not throw but BHS will still find a way to win.

So, CCH/Dixie and NCC/BHS in the semi's. CCH/BHS in the finals w/BHS winning because Elliott will throw in the final, a little bird told me so.

Now UNC-5 you know Cody is one of my favorites, (Ky Colonels first game is 5-30 @ St. Henry) as is his Mom and Dad, but for the life of me, I can't remember the last time Cody beat CovCath. I think (1), you think more of "B's" other starting pitchers, than what I have seen from them this season, (2) you don't understand how hot hitting Boone has been of late or (3) you want the season to end early for some reason!

IMO, "B" either pitches Elliott or goes home early! Now understand if "B" is willing to roll the dice and hopes that Boone self desturctive, then go for it, but if Boone plays like they have been, well......that is the chance that I guess "B" is willing to take. You take this game from a sure thing, to a coin toss, by sitting Cody down!

See you tomorrow my friend....:thumb:

Now UNC-5 you know Cody is one of my favorites, (Ky Colonels first game is 5-30 @ St. Henry) as is his Mom and Dad, but for the life of me, I can't remember the last time Cody beat CovCath. I think (1), you think more of "B's" other starting pitchers, than what I have seen from them this season, (2) you don't understand how hot hitting Boone has been of late or (3) you want the season to end early for some reason!

IMO, "B" either pitches Elliott or goes home early! Now understand if "B" is willing to roll the dice and hopes that Boone self desturctive, then go for it, but if Boone plays like they have been, well......that is the chance that I guess "B" is willing to take. You take this game from a sure thing, to a coin toss, by sitting Cody down!

See you tomorrow my friend....:thumb:

Myeroff is a genious this time of yr w/his pitching staff. Remember, he did this same thing w/the best pitcher in the 9th region two yrs ago. He saved Curly and threw him in the finals if I remember right. So, I trust Myeroff's judgement and confidence in his other pitchers and his team. I just don't think Cody will throw tomorrow unless they get down by 2/3 or he comes in to close. Just my opinion on how he has done things in the past.

Myeroff is a genious this time of yr w/his pitching staff. Remember, he did this same thing w/the best pitcher in the 9th region two yrs ago. He saved Curly and threw him in the finals if I remember right. So, I trust Myeroff's judgement and confidence in his other pitchers and his team. I just don't think Cody will throw tomorrow unless they get down by 2/3 or he comes in to close. Just my opinion on how he has done things in the past.

You say genious I say very .......I'll be nice and say confident. I hope for the teams sake he throws his best to start the tourney. Myerhoff wouldn't be much without Coach Mullins developing the players before they move up to the varsity.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Myeroff is a genius this time of yr w/his pitching staff. Remember, he did this same thing w/the best pitcher in the 9th region two yrs ago. He saved Curly and threw him in the finals if I remember right. So, I trust Myeroff's judgment and confidence in his other pitchers and his team. I just don't think Cody will throw tomorrow unless they get down by 2/3 or he comes in to close. Just my opinion on how he has done things in the past.

But beating lite hitting HHS (only 136 runs scored in 25 games that year 5.44 average per game), and or St. Henry (172 runs scored in 32 games that year 5.38 average per game) is not exactly the same thing as a power house hitting team like Boone County who has scored a total of 203 runs in 30 games an average of 6.77 runs per game.

My friend, the 08 version of the Tigers are no where near the hitting machine that the 06 Tigers were, and I think both of us can agree on that statement. Now that 06 team could hit and hit with power from any spot in the lineup.

But beating lite hitting HHS (only 136 runs scored in 25 games that year 5.44 average per game), and or St. Henry (172 runs scored in 32 games that year 5.38 average per game) is not exactly the same thing as a power house hitting team like Boone County who has scored a total of 203 runs in 30 games an average of 6.77 runs per game.

My friend, the 08 version of the Tigers are no where near the hitting machine that the 06 Tigers were, and I think both of us can agree on that statement. Now that 06 team could hit and hit with power from any spot in the lineup.

Theoldguy hit this nail on the head!:thumb: