Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Predictions

Featured Replies

IMO the NCC team is the sleeper. They're fast and explosive. They lack depth on the mound but then so does every team in the 9th!!!

Should be a great tourney!!!!!!:dancingpa

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you've gotten a little dilusional after seeing your ryle boys go down in the districts DD.:laugh:

 

Didn't know Ryle was in the discussion, but they did beat your blue boys two out of three this year so perhaps they are the better team.

 

Anyway....keep thinking St. Henry can't beat you, that's what Conner thought.

 

And they beat the blue boys as well this year.

Didn't know Ryle was in the discussion, but they did beat your blue boys two out of three this year so perhaps they are the better team.

 

Anyway....keep thinking St. Henry can't beat you, that's what Conner thought.

 

And they beat the blue boys as well this year.

 

 

Yeah alright enjoy your offseason.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

If Towles threw a no hitter his last time out you would be critical. What is it with this kid from Highlands that causes you to bash him so much? Please come watch him pitch on Monday and give us a full report.

 

Saw Towles throw against Ryle a couple of weeks ago and quite frankly, he was better last year. His control was horrible. Saw Nicholes throw two or three times and he was pretty consistant. When he throws a no hitter let me know, I'll ba the first to offer congrats.

CCH

Highlands (note: Nichols is a much better pitcher than Towles, but Highlands is better offensively than Dixie and Towles is plenty good enough to shut down Dixie. Heck, Villa held them to 4 runs.)

NCC

Beech IF Elliott pitches. Boone if Beech throws anyone else (and I will never, ever buy any argument to throw anyone other than Elliott in this first game.)

 

Tough to make predictions beyond here for several reasons:

 

1) The Boone/BHS game is very tough to predict, especially not knowing who will throw.

2) The weather could end up having a big impact on the semis and finals, as some first round pitchers may be able to come back if there is a day or two of rainouts.

3) I may have already screwed up one of the above predictions. ;)

You say genious I say very .......I'll be nice and say confident. I hope for the teams sake he throws his best to start the tourney. Myerhoff wouldn't be much without Coach Mullins developing the players before they move up to the varsity.

 

I will agree w/one thing that most of these V coaches do not develope the better players as they all get developed in the summer as in any other sport except football. Bob does work hard w/the pitchers though and does coach alot of these kids in the summer. Bobby is an excellent coach and Bob will tell you that he is lucky to have the staff he has.

 

But beating lite hitting HHS (only 136 runs scored in 25 games that year 5.44 average per game), and or St. Henry (172 runs scored in 32 games that year 5.38 average per game) is not exactly the same thing as a power house hitting team like Boone County who has scored a total of 203 runs in 30 games an average of 6.77 runs per game.

 

My friend, the 08 version of the Tigers are no where near the hitting machine that the 06 Tigers were, and I think both of us can agree on that statement. Now that 06 team could hit and hit with power from any spot in the lineup.

 

Agree, agree, agree. There weren't many better than the '06 Tigers.:thumb: We will find out soon about the pitching rotation.

Easy guys easy!

 

Let's leave the conversation to the teams that are in the tournament right now.

 

I can't wait for this thing to get started tomorrow. Should be very exciting. I'll be in the pressbox for every game so if anyone wants to say howdy, I'll be glad to come down and chat between games. I'll be doing music and possibly scoring the games as well.

 

Good luck to every team involved, I hope your team wins (I am obviously neutral here....lol), everyone enjoys their trip to Champion Window Field, and may everyone remember that these are young men out on the field potentially playing their last games ever for their schools so lets cheer on everyone no matter the outcome.

Saw Towles throw against Ryle a couple of weeks ago and quite frankly, he was better last year. His control was horrible. Saw Nicholes throw two or three times and he was pretty consistant. When he throws a no hitter let me know, I'll ba the first to offer congrats.

 

Wasn't everyone pretty consistant against Ryle this year?

How much are tickets tomorrow? I assume one ticket is good for all games.

Too bad we can't rely on the weather man. If we get the weather they are saying, some 1st rnd pitchers could come back in the 2nd/semi's depending on the number of innings they are needed in the first game. There could be only 2 games maybe 3 played tomorrow if we get the rain. This is a disadvantage to BHS/Boone.

Usually for the high school games, they charge $5 so that it what I would say but I could see it being from $5-$8 since it would most likely be one ticket fr the entire day.

Wasn't everyone pretty consistant against Ryle this year?

 

I'm sure you're trying to make a point. What is it exactly?

Too bad we can't rely on the weather man. If we get the weather they are saying, some 1st rnd pitchers could come back in the 2nd/semi's depending on the number of innings they are needed in the first game. There could be only 2 games maybe 3 played tomorrow if we get the rain. This is a disadvantage to BHS/Boone.

 

Probably more so to Boone, as BHS's staff is deeper.

Tickets will be $7

Edited by BGB25
Not Capitalized

IF EVERYONE THROWS THEIR ACE.

 

St.Henry beats CCH - if the kid that threw against Conner has the same game on Monday, St Henry wins. Face it, Conner was a much better hitting team then CCH and he shut them down.

 

Dixie beats Highlands with Nicholes. Towels didn't look so good last time I saw him.

 

NCC beats Lloyd with Conner on the hill.

 

Beechwood beats Boone with Elliott on the mound. I think Boone is the hottest hitting team in the tournament....but they haven't seen a lot of pitchers like Elliott this year.

 

TUESDAY

 

Dixie takes St. Henry who will be out of pitching.

 

Beechwood beats NCC

 

WEDNESDAY

 

Beechwood beats Dixie iin the Regional final.

 

 

Just curious, was the kid who pitched against Cov Cath today the same pitcher who shut down Conner a week ago?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.