Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL to have no salary cap?

Featured Replies

And neither will the NFL.

 

If you think the NFL will be gone forever...:laugh:

If you think the NFL will be gone forever...:laugh:

 

The salaries will become even more ridiculous than they are today. We all know that. Therefore, to compensate, the cost of tickets will soar. Ticket prices for NFL games are already ridiculous. With the economy the way it is, and probably worse by then, who's going to pay the price to go to a game?

The salaries will become even more ridiculous than they are today. We all know that. Therefore, to compensate, the cost of tickets will soar. Ticket prices for NFL games are already ridiculous. With the economy the way it is, and probably worse by then, who's going to pay the price to go to a game?

 

The NFL is not going away forever...trust me. That's a ridiculous idea. They have two years to settle this. I trust it will get worked out.

The NFL is not going away forever...trust me. That's a ridiculous idea. They have two years to settle this. I trust it will get worked out.

 

I think it will get worked out too. However, I was going off of Neerfan's post. If the cap goes away for good, I just can't see the NFL surviving.

I think it will get worked out too. However, I was going off of Neerfan's post. If the cap goes away for good, I just can't see the NFL surviving.

 

And I can't see it not surviving. I can't see an America without America's favorite game.

I'd say if this happens, the cap will probably never return.

 

The NFL is not going away forever...trust me. That's a ridiculous idea. They have two years to settle this. I trust it will get worked out.

 

And neither will the NFL.

 

If you think the NFL will be gone forever...:laugh:

 

The salaries will become even more ridiculous than they are today. We all know that. Therefore, to compensate, the cost of tickets will soar. Ticket prices for NFL games are already ridiculous. With the economy the way it is, and probably worse by then, who's going to pay the price to go to a game?

 

I think it will get worked out too. However, I was going off of Neerfan's post. If the cap goes away for good, I just can't see the NFL surviving.

 

Gene Upshaw, executive director of the NFL Players Association, has said that once the cap goes away, the players won't allow it to come back.

 

In previous interviews with The Enquirer, Mike Brown pointed to a grim future if the NFL lost the salary cap and its revenue sharing pillar.

Gene Upshaw, executive director of the NFL Players Association, has said that once the cap goes away, the players won't allow it to come back.

 

In previous interviews with The Enquirer, Mike Brown pointed to a grim future if the NFL lost the salary cap and its revenue sharing pillar.

 

Do you honestly think the NFL will cease to exist?

 

I honestly do not. I have no fear that the NFL will not work this out. That's all I'm saying.

Do you honestly think the NFL will cease to exist?

 

I honestly do not. I have no fear that the NFL will not work this out. That's all I'm saying.

 

The NFL will not just fold. Too much money and time invested in it. Just saying don't be surprised to see a strike or hold out by more players if the salary cap does go away for good.

The NFL will not just fold. Too much money and time invested in it. Just saying don't be surprised to see a strike or hold out by more players if the salary cap does go away for good.

 

But what are the odds, in your opinion, of the NFL completely folding.

 

That is what I think is ridiculous. I can not see that happening.

But what are the odds, in your opinion, of the NFL completely folding.

 

That is what I think is ridiculous. I can not see that happening.

 

The NFL may not fold but I do predict there would be small market teams switching cities in order to survive. Small market teams will no longer receive their share of profit from the NFL that they receive now which would drive ticket prices way up and not being able to make money because of 70% or more of their revenue going toward player salaries would force them out.

 

If anything I'd see teams moving cities before the NFL would just fold. There is too much money out there and invested in it for it to just go away.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.