Ryle 10 Cov Cath 0 (6 innings)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am flattered beyond words DD, that you think so much of my game threads comments, that you copied how I usually compose them. Really, I am flattered that you enjoy reading my post so much, that you felt compelled to flatter me by coping my style.....:thumb::lol: Thank you......

Or when CovCath hands you the game, you can win too!

What DD forgot to mention in his gloating, was that of the 10 runs Ryle scored on CovCath today, 7 were unearned. If the CovCath SS makes a simple routine play in the top of the fourth for the third out, Ryle only scores 1 run instead of 8, and leads by a score of 1-0 and not 8-0 after four...

Note: The CovCath starting SS Holocher was absent as he is attending the out of town wedding of his older brother and the young man who replaced him today, had three errors on routine ground balls that should have been easy outs.

Now the way the Ryle pitchers were throwing today, they still would have won, but you play a completely different baseball game down 1-0 then when you are down 8-0.

I am sure that Ryle can only hope, (considering how poorly they have been hitting the ball as of late) that against Boone on Tuesday, they get the same kind of fielding help from Boone County, as they did from CovCath today so they can move on to the Ninth Region. :lol::l

Next CovCath game, 35th District vs Holmes.....@ 5pm at TMC....

This is what I commenting on when I said I was surprised...Excuses!

Although the Colonels did not bring their A game today, the Raiders did swing the bat pretty well after the error by the shortstop, it seemed to open the flood gate up. Not saying Cov Cath wins if Hollocher plays, but the score most likely is'nt as lopsided.

If it makes you guys feel any better, the Ryle shortstop tonight was a freshmen and the kid that made the diving catch in right, a sophmore.

BTW, we had a chance to see the best outfield in the region tonight....

they were in the BLACK jersey's.

No doubt about it, CCH was out hit, out D'ed and out pitched tonight.

Not that it makes any difference but the Holocher wedding was not out of town. That is unless Mother of God was moved while I wasn't looking.

His brother lives out of town, but he was married here in NKY. Details, Details!!

Was told that the wedding was out of town, but if I was misinformed sorry.....

Not unless he wants to sit out a year.

Under the thread Upcoming Sophmore's in the football forum, there is a good number of posts talking about this kids future, some say its a done deal he's going to be a colonel and other disagree. Just wondering if anyone knew anything?

Although the Colonels did not bring their A game today, the Raiders did swing the bat pretty well after the error by the shortstop, it seemed to open the flood gate up. Not saying Cov Cath wins if Hollocher plays, but the score most likely is'nt as lopsided.

Why would he make a difference when Maile, Isler and Darner couldn't touch the Raider pitching?

Why would he make a difference when Maile, Isler and Darner couldn't touch the Raider pitching?

Did I ever say anything about him making a difference? No....

Just wondering what colored uniform the kid will be wearing next year.

Did I ever say anything about him making a difference? No....

Just wondering what colored uniform the kid will be wearing next year.

Not saying Cov Cath wins if Hollocher plays, but the score most likely is'nt as lopsided.

I think this is the quote to which DD was referring, which does indeed imply that Holocher, who has himself had quite a bit of fielding problems this year, would have made some difference.

Regarding the Ryle freshman SS, I believe all talk of his transfer to CCH is now off, especially given that he would indeed have to sit out a year.

I think this is the quote to which DD was referring, which does indeed imply that Holocher, who has himself had quite a bit of fielding problems this year, would have made some difference.

Regarding the Ryle freshman SS, I believe all talk of his transfer to CCH is now off, especially given that he would indeed have to sit out a year.

Oh my apologies on the previous comment about the difference making. I agree its hard to win when you don't score, but even if the boys family were to move would he still be required to sit out a year. Not saying his family is moving just inquiring about the rule?