Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best of the 10th

Featured Replies

A couple of district and region games, so now whose on top. I've got:

 

1. Harrison

2. Scott/Montgomery

3. Scott/Montgomery

4. GRC

 

And from there I'm not very sure.

I don't think one game should have that drastic of a movement. I guess you could justify it as of now but I really don't think this is how it will play out...

I think GRC is still 2nd with Harrison the favorite and Montgomery, Brossart, Scott and Campbell in no particular order.

  • Author

Just a question, but does Clark have much pitching after Bennet?

Just a question, but does Clark have much pitching after Bennet?

 

The pitcher last night, Turner, who came in after Bennett is not even in the top 5 as of now IMO.

 

After Bennett there's the new kid on the block Penticuff(who kept Harrison scoreless for 2/3 innings), Withrow, Peters, Bell, and Lykins to name a few.

 

So far, these other pitchers have pitched pretty well against decent teams. Will know more when faced against better competition.

 

I think Penticuff will be a good one.

The pitcher last night, Turner, who came in after Bennett is not even in the top 5 as of now.

After Bennett there's the new kid on the block Penticuff(who kept Harrison scoreless for 2/3 innings), Withrow, Peters, Bell, and Lykins to name a few.

 

So far, these other pitchers have pitched pretty well against decent teams. Will know more when faced against better competition.

 

I think Penticuff will be a good one.

 

Why do throw Bennett for 7 1/3, then bring in your 6th or 7th best pitcher to close out an important District game? :confused:

Why do throw Bennett for 7 1/3, then bring in your 6th or 7th best pitcher to close out an important District game? :confused:

 

Good question that I cannot answer. Learning curver maybe? Not sure. Possibly to see how he did in that situation. In all essence these games don't really matter when your talking about the post season. And if GRC beats Montgomery next time around by more than one run then they still get the number one seed if the rules are still the same.

I did say IMO that the other guys were more talented than him though.

  • Author
The pitcher last night, Turner, who came in after Bennett is not even in the top 5 as of now IMO.

 

After Bennett there's the new kid on the block Penticuff(who kept Harrison scoreless for 2/3 innings), Withrow, Peters, Bell, and Lykins to name a few.

 

So far, these other pitchers have pitched pretty well against decent teams. Will know more when faced against better competition.

 

I think Penticuff will be a good one.

 

Is Penticuff the same Penticuff that went to Montgomery County in middle school? Or is this someone different.

Is Penticuff the same Penticuff that went to Montgomery County in middle school? Or is this someone different.

 

:confused: Not quite sure about that. There are 3 Penticuff brothers. This one is Logan Penticuff and is a junior. He has two older brothers. Justin Penticuff is a senior this year that, if played, could have been a real STUD but decided to concentrate on academics from my understanding. And then they have an older brother that graduated last year that didn't play I don't think and his name escapes me. Not sure if the family is from Montgomery or not, although I do remember(pretty sure) Logan being at Conkwright Middle school for 7th and 8th grade. Can't remember back as far as 6th grade. :lol:

  • Author
:confused: Not quite sure about that. There are 3 Penticuff brothers. This one is Logan Penticuff and is a junior. He has two older brothers. Justin Penticuff is a senior this year that, if played, could have been a real STUD but decided to concentrate on academics from my understanding. And then they have an older brother that graduated last year that didn't play I don't think and his name escapes me. Not sure if the family is from Montgomery or not, although I do remember(pretty sure) Logan being at Conkwright Middle school for 7th and 8th grade. Can't remember back as far as 6th grade. :lol:

 

There were a couple of seniors on the team that remembered a Penticuff, so maybe it was his older brother.

Good question that I cannot answer. Learning curver maybe? Not sure. Possibly to see how he did in that situation. In all essence these games don't really matter when your talking about the post season. And if GRC beats Montgomery next time around by more than one run then they still get the number one seed if the rules are still the same.

I did say IMO that the other guys were more talented than him though.

 

I disagree; I think the district games are important for seeding purposes. Ask Bourbon if they would've rather played Paris last year.

 

I will not let myself look that far ahead until that game is next on our schedule. :lol:

  • Author

They have to beat the other 2 teams in the district and Montgomery does too. You are looking awfully far ahead and assuming a whole lot about the way the rest of the season will go.

They have to beat the other 2 teams in the district and Montgomery does too. You are looking awfully far ahead and assuming a whole lot about the way the rest of the season will go.

 

Well I thought that was common knowledge and a given that GRC would have to win out their seed games and then beat Montgomery by that score. No looking ahead here...:thumb:

There were a couple of seniors on the team that remembered a Penticuff, so maybe it was his older brother.

 

Logan Penticuff went to Montgomery County in 5th grade and 6th grade, his brothers also went to Montgomery County and both played middle school basketball. Hope that clears some of that up.

Logan Penticuff went to Montgomery County in 5th grade and 6th grade, his brothers also went to Montgomery County and both played middle school basketball. Hope that clears some of that up.

 

There ya go. I knew he went to Clark from 7th on so I knew what I was talking about. :lol: I was pretty sure he wasn't originally from here but unsure of where he came from. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.