Estill Co. 21 Owsley Co. 1

Estill County is now 7-0. They have a good schedule which should get them ready for a post-season run. Some of their future games include contests at Madison Central next week (they beat the Indians earlier in the season), Harrison County, North Laurel, 2 with Clark County, and games with Hazard, Perry Central and defending region champ Letcher Central. Also the usual district games. The ones with arch-rival Powell County should be interesting.

Coach Woods is one of the better coaches in the state.

Estill County is now 7-0. They have a good schedule which should get them ready for a post-season run. Some of their future games include contests at Madison Central next week (they beat the Indians earlier in the season), Harrison County, North Laurel, 2 with Clark County, and games with Hazard, Perry Central and defending region champ Letcher Central. Also the usual district games. The ones with arch-rival Powell County should be interesting.

Coach Woods is one of the better coaches in the state.

Coach Wood is a great coach, got it done in the 10th, and is rolling in the 14th, Congratulations to the Engineers.

Estill is 7-0, have scored 99 runs and allowed 8, in only 38 innings, only 2 of the 7 games have went the full 7. The next 7 games on the schedule should be a good test for the 'Neers, Madison Central, Powell County, Madison Southern, Harrison County, North Laurel, Lee County, and Bath County.

I think Estill County is the #1 team in the 14th right now. Will that change by tournament time? Maybe, but they are the team to beat in the region imo. Whoever does it has their work cut out for them.

I agree with that. Seems Estilll is the #1 right now. With Letcher Powell, Hazard, and Perry behind them.

Model, 23-0

Menifee Co., 11-0

Madison Central, 9-3

Lee Co., 10-2

Breathitt Co., 14-2

Berea, 11-0

Owsley Co., 21-1

I think they're the favorite in the 14th also but, run-ruling this sorry bunch (14-27 overall record) hasn't done much to prepare them for the good teams they will face.

I think they're the favorite in the 14th also but, run-ruling this sorry bunch (14-27 overall record) hasn't done much to prepare them for the good teams they will face.

Yeah, the competition so far, except for Madison Central, has not been overwhelming. But they do have a solid schedule in future games that will be a better indicator. Harrison County, the Engineers' old 10th region opponent and usually a state power, is one such team. GRC is another. We'll see.

Their schedule thus far isn't impressive, but the schedule ahead will be better suited for preparing them for the tourney.