Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Take Two: Shaun Rogers to the Browns

Featured Replies

The Bengals have almost 40 Million in Salry cap room, how could adding Rogers have possibly sent them anywhere near that?

 

If it was held up by the league, I have no doubt that the Browns wanted the Lions to pay something in his contract that made it not go through.

 

I

m about done with these clowns!

 

First of all $40 million is extremely exaggerated; Stacy Andrews money came out, the tenders to restricted free agents came out, the rookie draftee money comes out (9-11 picks this season), Dhani Jones money came out.

 

Secondly, the problem was in the language, not that it put the Bengals over the limit (the specifics I am not aware of).

Exactly my point. You don't have someone looking over these things and making sure the "language" is ok. There is no point in trying to defend this organization. I have very recently seen the light with this franchise.

 

Sure there is; teams that win Super Bowls have not been big players in free agency: Giants, Colts, Steelers, Patriots (03 & 04); your last 5 winners!

 

The trade for Rogers had me excited too, and I am extremely disappointed, but it is not the end of the world.

 

If they can sign Odom from Tennesse or Pace from Arizona and have a good defensive draft again, their defense will look a lot better, especially if Brooks, Thurman, and Pollack can return.

Sure there is; teams that win Super Bowls have not been big players in free agency: Giants, Colts, Steelers, Patriots (03 & 04); your last 5 winners!

 

The trade for Rogers had me excited too, and I am extremely disappointed, but it is not the end of the world.

 

If they can sign Odom from Tennesse or Pace from Arizona and have a good defensive draft again, their defense will look a lot better, especially if Brooks, Thurman, and Pollack can return.

 

Is Pace on their radar? I think Odom is but I have not heard Pace associated with the Bengals.

 

I agree with you, though. What hurts is the way the Rogers trade was reported; it seemed like it was a done deal. The Bengals have other options, including a high draft pick in round 1, numerous other picks in this year's draft and the return (hopefully) of soe young talent. There are still some very good players in free agency as well.

Is Pace on their radar? I think Odom is but I have not heard Pace associated with the Bengals.

 

I agree with you, though. What hurts is the way the Rogers trade was reported; it seemed like it was a done deal. The Bengals have other options, including a high draft pick in round 1, numerous other picks in this year's draft and the return (hopefully) of soe young talent. There are still some very good players in free agency as well.

 

Pace is scheduled to visit Tuesday 03-04-08.

 

I don't think it will happen, but if the Bengals could sign Odom and Pace with the rest of their alloted cap room for free agents, thier defense could be very versatile and athletic; I don't know what defense they would play though; Odom is a 4-3 DE most likely and Pace played OLB in a 3-4.

If the Bengals get nothing done now, I could see them doing some "slightly" major things in the draft.

Pace is scheduled to visit Tuesday 03-04-08.

 

I don't think it will happen, but if the Bengals could sign Odom and Pace with the rest of their alloted cap room for free agents, thier defense could be very versatile and athletic; I don't know what defense they would play though; Odom is a 4-3 DE most likely and Pace played OLB in a 3-4.

 

I would be surprised to see Pace make it to that trip to Cincy because both the Dolphins and Jets have already extended offers. He would be a good get for them because of his versitility; he can work in a 4-3 or a 3-4 in my opinion.

 

Odom would be a solid signing. Even Travis Leboy at end would be good for them. I think they will address OLB or DT with the number 1 pick. If Ellis is there, they take him. If he isn't (which is likely and probably the reason they wanted to secure Rogers) then they go Rivers (USC).

 

If they could snag Pace away from the AFC East, maybe it opens the door for the Bengals to get one of the SEC speed rushers, either Groves (Auburn) or Harvey (Florida). Incidently, ESPN is reporting that Jason Taylor is available from the Dolphins; the Bengals will probably think about getting in on this sweepstakes.

Why is that?

 

I agree they have regressed the last 2 seasons, but far from a joke.

 

Are you serious? They've had one winning season in the last, what, 16 years? Something godawful like that. They are a complete and abysmal joke!

Exactly my point. You don't have someone looking over these things and making sure the "language" is ok. There is no point in trying to defend this organization. I have very recently seen the light with this franchise.

 

Amen brother As long as the Brown family owns this team, the Gals will remain as bottom feeders.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.